Contribute
Register

beelzebozo's Skylake Build: ASUS Z170 Deluxe i7-6700K 32GB AMD RX 5700 XT

Status
Not open for further replies.
@vstylez

Would you mind to share your EFI?
Thanks in advance

Hi, I have attached my EFI High Sierra folder, changed serial numbers of course. Also latest BIOS and this is for the Z170 Deluxe.

@vstylez

Are all your USB (including USB 3.1) working at the right speeds?

Many Thanks

I had not checked but just realised now that you mention it. I don't use any USB's except for my camera which is working since its always connected else all of them are not registering if I connect something after boot. Any workarounds to recommend? Also I don't know whats going on with my Asus Strix Nvidia 1080, but it is not registering so have had to use my main card as the Asus Strix Nvidia 1060 to boot.

Attachments

• High Sierra EFI 2.zip
    21 MB · Views: 212
OK, I screwed up. I kept having boot problems (bluetooth sometimes not starting) and I decided to update BIOS to the last one (3504). Now it does not boot. The verbose boot gets stuck here:

OZ4bYfN.jpg

The only BIOS option I could not set is: Advanced > USB Configuration > XHCI Handoff > Enabled, because it does not seem to exist. Also, as I use an nvidia video card, I use Advanced > (SA) Configuration > Graphics Configuration > Primary Display > PEG.

Any ideas?

EDIT: I'll answer myself: The last BIOS (3504) lacks the XHCI handoff control and does not work. The previous one (3401) has it and works.

Last edited:
@vstylez
Thanks for your answer. I was able to do the installation and it seems everything is working.
Last version of BIOS here.
I did my own install, but I will double check your EFI. It seems we don´t need the "USB All" kext anymore.

Many Thanks again

Hallo beelzebozo

I'm struggling something spectacular in getting Sierra to start up with my Asus Thunderbolt 3 Card set to "enable" in the Bios. I switch it off, and it boots normally. Back on, I get the little cannot Boot(no entry sign).
I installed win10 and got it working fine there.

I'm running Bios v. 3504. and I know I cannot go back before v3*. I tried just so I could get to your Bios setup going. so atm, guessing a bit as to what I am supposed to have it setup as. The latest Bios has newer options that old version(that is needed) doesn't show.

What is your current Bios Settings and things I need to look out for? I have Followed wildwillo's suggestions, as well as yours, but I am missing something obvious. Currently the default bios setup as per clean install is selected.

I have the Asus Z170-Deluxe, 32GB Ballistix ram, i7-6700, GTX 780ti, Samsung Evo 850 256GB SSD

I am trying to run Avid ProTools 12.8 with the HD-Native Thunderbolt on this system. But would need TB to work in anyform before I try that :)

Your Expert advice would help! (or point me to me stupid misses)

Thanks!

Afternoon everyone.

I've been playing around a bit more.with Switching things on and off in the Bios with Thunderbolt options.
and I discovered a strange thing. Doesn't matter what settings I choose, once it starts ups. get the no entry sign, I leave it for a few seconds, Ctrl+alt+del, and it boots up and TB works. sometimes a few more reboots than one, but it does eventually wake up.
Have I missed installing a Kext somewhere?

Thanks!

I tried updating from El Capitan to 10.13.1 directly and seems to work, but I could not make the Nvidia driver work. Only the OS X default driver. Of course, I did the new changes to config.plist instead of the nvidia_drv=1 at boot. No success. I tried the config.plist from above in this thread also, without luck. Any ideas?.

That did work. Thankyou.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back