Contribute
Register

Beats 1 not playing in iTunes

Status
Not open for further replies.
in this thread all people who have discrete graphic card have no problem.. so problem is IGP related

mines plays fine! people are reporting to not be able to play or causes lock ups or kernel panics with ATI Graphics and onboard IGP Graphics. I've disabled my onboard Graphics and using my GTX760 I'm using Clover Bootloader

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 02.34.37.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 02.34.37.png
    149.9 KB · Views: 114
mines plays fine! people are reporting to not be able to play or causes lock ups or kernel panics with ATI Graphics and onboard IGP Graphics. I've disabled my onboard Graphics and using my GTX760 I'm using Clover Bootloader

No problem what so ever with my ATI Radeon HD 5770 Series - Note in the screen shot, it playing an interview with Eminem - Great quality!!! - If its one thing Apple has got right with this latest update, lets hope its carried forward in 'Kappy' (Stupid Name) when its released to the public.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 06.25.00.png
    Screen Shot 2015-07-02 at 06.25.00.png
    459.7 KB · Views: 115
Someone over on the ****** Hackintosh may have it pinpointed. They disabled their graphics card and it would not play with HD graphics only. It is most likely the known issue between HD Graphics and Apple DRM.

I don't understand why it's a DRM problem for only the Beats 1 Radio and not any other the other stations.

that's very strange.. any solution?

that's very strange.. any solution?

I don't know if you can say that, but it appears that if Beats 1 uses DRM then it would be HD graphics. There are some people with Nvidia and AMD cards having problems. I'm not sure if those people are running their GPUs AND HD simultaneously and that is causing the problem. But definitely HD graphics alone is a problem.

There is no solution to DRM not being able to play using HD graphics on Haswell. It has something to do with Apple using the GPU to verify supported chipsets. It's the same issue for people trying to play DRM videos and movies purchased from iTunes using HD graphics. It's a no go for that too.

The solution is to buy a dedicated GPU. Even a cheap one can do the trick.

It is strange that it is only Beats 1 (at least for me).

only B1 not work.. other stations working.. i have an old 4850 HD but i don't know if it's supported..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back