Graphics
EVGA nVidia GTX 960 4GB
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Windows Phone
Hi I am having issue's with my hackintosh. I installed a fresh copy of OS X Yosemite 10.10 with Unibeast. I then booted in to the install from the Unibeast drive and set up the user account and all that stuff. Then I installed these drivers/kexts with MultiBeast:
Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 12.43.07 AM.png
I rebooted, fixed the boot0 error and then when I try to boot back into the install I get the Beachball :beachball: right after I insert my password, and I cannot do anything from there.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Last edited:
Hi I am having issue's with my hackintosh. I installed a fresh copy of OS X Yosemite 10.10 with Unibeast. I then booted in to the install from the Unibeast drive and set up the user account and all that stuff. Then I installed these drivers/kexts with MultiBeast:
View attachment 120286
I rebooted, fixed the boot0 error and then when I try to boot back into the install I get the Beachball :beachball: right after I insert my password, and I cannot do anything from there.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

make sure your system definition matches your hardware specs or matches it as closely as you can get it. Also, if you can boot into the desktop and run MB, then can't boot into the desktop then you selected an option that screwed up your working Hack. I would recommend reinstalling and going into the desktop, and not running MB at all until you know what's not working on your hack and what fixes it, and then apply the fixes one by one, so that you know what causes a problem if it does.

Ok thanks. I just finished reinstalling OS X and now I am in Multibeast installing my boot loader and if all goes well, I should be able to get back into the desktop to then run Multibeast again and install me kexts one by one as you suggested.

Ok so after installing my bootloader (Chimera) and adding in 1080p boot, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, Use Basic boot option and kext-dev-mode=1. When I reboot into my Yosemite install through the new bootloader with bootflags (nv_disable=1 -v) the whole machine restarts, and it just keeps on restarting in a loop.
Thanks for your help btw.

Ok so after installing my bootloader (Chimera) and adding in 1080p boot, GraphicsEnabler=Yes, Use Basic boot option and kext-dev-mode=1. When I reboot into my Yosemite install through the new bootloader with bootflags (nv_disable=1 -v) the whole machine restarts, and it just keeps on restarting in a loop.
Thanks for your help btw.

Don't use the Mac Pro 5,1 sys def. Try the 3,1 instead.

If you have to use 5,1 and don't have ECC memory installed, then boot with the UniBst drive and delete appleTyMCEDriver.kext

I am currently re-installing OS X because I couldn't even get into Single User Mode but I will reinstall the bootloader and make sure to select mac pro 3,1 and see how that goes. Although people are saying to get max performance out of my GPU I should use Mac 5,1 but I can always change the smbios.plist to Mac Pro 5,1 and delete the AppleTyMCEDriver.kext file.

So I have re-installed OS X and installed Chimera with Mac Pro 3,1 but my computer keeps on rebooting I will now try to change the smbios.plist file to Mac Pro 5,1 since I do have ECC Memory.

So I set my smbios to Mac Pro 5,1 and I still have come to the same issue. Maybe I need to install Evoreboot to help out with the booting process or Fakesmc or NullCPUPowerManagement.

Little update: So I reinstalled OS X with these options in multi beast booting up each time with nv_disable=1.
Screen Shot 2015-01-04 at 7.51.54 PM.png
and I still have the same issue.

Beachball of Death after login / Can't boot OS X

I am going to remake my Unibeast installer with the partition table of MBR and see if that helps. I don't remember how but I managed to get the system to run once or twice two days ago with full graphics support and now I can't even boot OS X. Another plan of mine is to not use the chimera installer of Multibeast but to use the standalone version because it might be more up to date than Multibeast.
Once again any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back