Graphics
GTX 1080
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I have a few questions about the BCM94360CS2 Card. *I want to use Wifi and Bluetooth.
Have already read a bunch of forum's but couldn't find the right answer.

I want to install it on a M.2 Slot ( M.2 Socket 3, with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode)*2) on my motherboard itself. (ASUS Z370-F).

Do i need a adapter, and if so, what for adapter will fit for my M.2 Slot on my motherboard.

And can I also connect te antenna's inside the M.2Slot?

Thank you very much in advance.

Maarten!

That is the wrong type of M.2 slot for a WiFi/BT card. it is solely for the use of an NVMe drive.

There are different types of M.2 connectors and your board probably doesn't contain a WiFi/BT M.2 connector.

M.2 connectors on the host are called "sockets." Each socket has a unique mechanical key, and modules are not interchangeable between sockets. According to PCI Express M.2 Specifications Rev. 1.1, the sockets are distinguished as follows:
  • Socket 1: Connectivity socket for Wi-Fi®, Bluetooth®, NFC (near-field communication) or Wi-Gig.
  • Socket 2: WWAN/SSD/Other Socket that will support various WWAN+GNSS (global navigation satellite system) solutions, various SSD and SSD Cache configurations, and other yet-undefined solutions. (If the motherboard has a Socket 2 for a WWAN card and it is not in use, the socket may accommodate a B+M-keyed small M.2 SSD. Please refer to your motherboard documentation for details).
  • Socket 3: SSD Drive Socket with SATA or up to four PCIe lanes.
Your motherboard connector is a Socket 3.

You would be better served installing the BCM94360CS2 card on to a PCIe adapter card, with the Bluetooth connected to a spare USB header port on your motherboard. Use something like this (its what I use on all my desktop systems):

wifi + BT small.png

There are adapter cards like this available on Amazon, eBay etc.

Hi Edhawk,

Thanks for the reply and explanation for the types of sockets.
I will order the PCI-E that you send. Will it be plug and play?

Correct me if i'm wrong, but that Wifi/Bluetooth PCI-E will not work on Windows right? (Because it isn't a Windows chip) I don't have Bootcamp but just Windows on another Disk. (I read about a Bootcamp driver, but i don't have it in Bootcamp).

Thanks in advance again!

EDIT: I Found this card: Fenvi FV-T919.
(Link: https://www.newegg.com/fenvi-fv-t91...&ranSiteID=BlicU_m3pGk-aCdG6fUVTEnXLgvfup0ipg)

If it's good, this one will work in Windows and Mac OS.

Last edited:
Correct me if i'm wrong, but that Wifi/Bluetooth PCI-E will not work on Windows right? (Because it isn't a Windows chip) I don't have Bootcamp but just Windows on another Disk. (I read about a Bootcamp driver, but i don't have it in Bootcamp).

You can install drivers for Windows. No need for Bootcamp. Mine works in both OS.

Alright!

Bought the BCM94360CS2 Wifi/Bluetooth card and a PCI-E Card.

Keep you posted how it went.

Hi Edhawk,

Thanks for the reply and explanation for the types of sockets.
I will order the PCI-E that you send. Will it be plug and play?

Thanks in advance again!

EDIT: I Found this card: Fenvi FV-T919.
(Link: https://www.newegg.com/fenvi-fv-t919-pci-express/p/0XM-00JK-00033?Item=0XM-00JK-00033&nm_mc=AFC-RAN-COM&cm_mmc=AFC-RAN-COM&utm_medium=affiliates&utm_source=afc-tonymacx86 Forum&AFFID=2549884&AFFNAME=tonymacx86 Forum&ACRID=1&ASID=https://www.tonymacx86.com/&ranMID=44583&ranEAID=2549884&ranSiteID=BlicU_m3pGk-aCdG6fUVTEnXLgvfup0ipg)

If it's good, this one will work in Windows and Mac OS.
Fenvi FV-T919 card is a pre-built alternative, usually works just fine. Sometimes needs a little help to get it running as smoothly as it should in macOS. Windows drivers should be available from Fenvi.

The BCM94360.... cards use Apple drivers from Windows 8. They work the same in Windows 10, well they do for me and I am running one of the Windows Insider releases.

BootCamp Bluetooth and Broadcom drivers for Windows 10 are attached below, in case you or anyone else needs them.

Attachments

• AppleBluetoothBroadcom64.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 237
  • BroadcomWirelessWin8x64.exe.zip
    3.8 MB · Views: 172
Thanks for the links!
You're amazing!

Keep you Posted!

Hi Guys,

After getting my BCM94360CS2 Card and PCI-E Card shipped they don't fit.

The BCM94360CS2 Card is another connection then the PCI-E. (Looks like normal M.2 Connection).
Does someone know what for PCI-E Card i need to get?
I Didn't get the FENVI because the site was down and i got the drivers for this setup.

Thanks alot again in advance!!!
BCM94360CS2-TOTAL.jpg
PCIE-CLOSEUP.jpg
PCIE-TOTAL.jpg

Hi TRS96,

Thanks for the link, but it ain't working.
Also if i search for BCM943224P it will not find it.

Can you send the the titel of the product? Maybe I can find it then.

Greets!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back