Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Designare z390
CPU
i9 9900K
Graphics
Radeon VII
Hello everyone,

I have successfully completed a Hackintosh build based on the Gigabyte Designare z390 motherboard. Almost everything is working thanks hugely to the community here and in particular CaseySJ's build guide. ( I have the occasional crash on boot related to my Radeon VII but not something I cannot live with. )

My next step is getting WiFi/Bluetooth working. I purchased a BCM94360CS2 adapter combo and I have inserted it into the same slot that the Intel WiFi chip was in that came with the motherboard. For some reason the Broadcom chip does not show in DPCIManager so I am asking for help.

I tried to follow recommendations on what to purchase but perhaps I got something wrong.

Below you will see a photo of the chip installed. It is slightly angled upwards because of the PCIE x1 slot adjacent to it.

Also a screenshot from DPCIManager is included.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

Attachments

• DSC_3153.jpg
    DSC_3153.jpg
    239.9 KB · Views: 506
  • Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 6.01.14 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-08-13 at 6.01.14 PM.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 460
Last edited:
I haven't plucked up the courage to try the PCIE 1X adapter yet... Maybe I will just get a bluetooth USB adapter and do without WiFi. I am not feeling confident about this. Sorry!

Well, I took the plunge and bought the Fenvi card. I am happy to report that Bluetooth is now working (once I plugged in an external antenna and added USBInjectAll.kext). Bluetooth was my main pursuit in this endeavour so I am happy for now. Maybe when I get some extra time (haha!) I will try to tackle WiFi.

The port you installed it on is a M.2 Port - not a mini PCI-Express slot.

To use that card you will need an adapter for PCI-EXpress to Mini-PCI-Express.

I have a similar motherboard and use the PCI-Express adapter without issue.

Thanks for the posting. I am using the Fenvi card for now with an M.2 adapter and it seems okay. I realise it is not quite ideal but I am a newbie to hackintosh. :)

No worries - I ordered one myself to play with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back