Graphics
GTX 970
Mac
  1. MacBook Air
  2. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I'm having an interesting problem.

The GA-Z170n-wifi board i have came with an Intel 802.11ac wifi card. I've removed it and installed the NGFF M.2 and an Apple BCM94360CS2 in its place. (following this thread: https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...dapter-handoff-unlock-with-watch-uefi.215895/) I see the card in Network Preferences and it shows up in ioreg explorer and system report. I went with this card & adapter because it was "just supposed to work" ;)

But I'm not able to turn wifi on (Clicking the Turn Wi-Fi on button does nothing). At one point, wifi was turned on, but it was not picking up any SSID.

Note that the bluetooth radio does seem to be working (!) (able to connect Magic Trackpad)

The only thing I can think of is that I have not spent a lot of time or effort configuring USB, so that may be a problem.

Any suggestions for what my troubleshooting steps should be?

thanks wizards!

Attachments

• hackintosh01 2017-03-20.ioreg
    5 MB · Views: 170
  • hackintosh01 CLOVER 2017-03-20.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 121
Last edited:
I got it and it working perfectly without any problems. I think you it is hardware related. Check the card in windows.

1. Windows 10 can be installed with no serial code. Download a fresh copy
2. Bluetooth is USB related, Apply proper DSDT patch, Install USBInjectALL.kext make a custom SSDT of your board and disable additional port down to 15 in total using boot flag.

@BLiTyvr,
I need your support WiFi & BT card (BCM94360CS2 Card + M.2 NGFF Adapter) is too slow.
(means to load a webpage it takes 5 minutes).
Same Page I load with USB WiFi Adapter works Blazing fast. Please help me.
My Settings & Components:
  • Clover Boot
  • macOS Sierra 10.12.6
  • MSI H170i pro ac Mobo
  • Intel i5 6600
  • AMD RX580
  • BCM94360CS2 Card + M.2 NGFF

Last edited:
@onmybikedrunk
@thomassteudner
@arcosmg
@Dezert-Way
Sorry to run around like mad cow.
Fix for Wifi Not working, Bluetooth working perfectly was

Problem::
“Antennas were disconnect when I tightened the nuts during installation”

Fix :::
Reconnect the cable and hand tighten it.
Restart the computer …. Bang it works……

@BLiTyvr I have recently brought the same card, I have the same problem, It is not picking SSID when I use it with my RX 580, If I disable RX 580 and use my internal had 4400 graphics, WiFi works well. Do you have any solution? In windows Bluetooth and WiFi working fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back