Contribute
Register

BCM94360CS2 + NGFF M.2 Key A/E Bluetooth does not work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting. I'm looking to move to an ITX board and wifi/BT is the only thing I'm worried about. All of you that have a BCM94360CS2 card and M.2 adapter should check out @onmybikedrunk's thread about this. Here's the link:

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...dapter-handoff-unlock-with-watch-uefi.215895/

He bought the same parts from eBay and says wifi and BT worked out of the box with absolutely no hacks. He said his trackpad even works in the UEFI setup. Maybe the problem is that with the gray market of "original Apple OEM" parts from China, you never know what you're getting exactly. I mean, if I just type BCM94360CS2 into eBay, I'll see a lot of similar yet different looking cards that all claim to work with the same model MacBook Airs.

Anyway, seems @onmybikedrunk has been away for a while so I don't know if he'll answer questions in his thread. However, in post #1 he links to the exact M.2 adapter he purchased and in post #5 he links to the exact BCM94360CS2 he purchased. I know some of you are saying you got various cards and none worked so I'm not sure this would make any difference. Still, seems like it's possible and should be working.

I purchased a BCM94360CS2 card plus M2 adapter. Installation was a bit fiddly as I had to unscrew the metal shield around the M2-Wifi slot as the BCM94360CS2 card+adapter are a lot taller than the original Intel card. However, once that shield was removed, installation was easy.

Sorry if this is a dumb question -- I bought a BCM94360CS2 card and an NGFF M.2 adapter but am still waiting for the adapter to arrive. I can't just install the card in place of the existing bluetooth/wifi card that came with the Z270N-WIFI, right? Is it because the adapter is necessary or because the card is too big? I think I also saw that the antenna cables might use different adapters? I'd check on my machine but I don't want to remove the CPU fan unless I'm sure it'll work :(

Sorry if this is a dumb question -- I bought a BCM94360CS2 card and an NGFF M.2 adapter but am still waiting for the adapter to arrive. I can't just install the card in place of the existing bluetooth/wifi card that came with the Z270N-WIFI, right? Is it because the adapter is necessary or because the card is too big? I think I also saw that the antenna cables might use different adapters? I'd check on my machine but I don't want to remove the CPU fan unless I'm sure it'll work :(

It's because the adapter is necessary. The BCM94360CS2 uses a different connector than M.2 even though it may look similar. I've seen posts about antenna connections not fitting though that was due to people buying after market antennas for their wifi cards.

I got my BCM94360CS2 and M.2 adapter about two weeks ago and it's been working great with the antenna that came with my Asrock Fatal1ty Z270 mITX board.

I got my BCM94360CS2 and M.2 adapter about two weeks ago and it's been working great with the antenna that came with my Asrock Fatal1ty Z270 mITX board.

Awesome! Appreciate it, reeeally looking forward to having this machine completed!

Update: adapter arrived and installed, and wifi works great! I had to remove the CPU fan and cooler to have room to remove the old card and install the new one, which was annoying, but overall totally worth it. I'm running into issues with Apple Music stuttering when the machine is under load, but I guess there's always something to figure out with Hackintoshes :)

Adding to this thread.. Same issue, WiFi works but no BT. Anyone make any progress on this? Shows up IOred under USB devices, but not under Bluetooth.

Attachments

• debug_10957.zip
    3 MB · Views: 106
Same issue here, WIFI work perfect, but no BT. system can recognised Bluetooth devices but can not pair my trackpad, and bluetooth can not be turn-off.

Maybe the problem is that with the gray market of "original Apple OEM" parts from China, you never know what you're getting exactly.

Seems possible. I bought two of these cards off Amazon and get an "rccal timeout" on boot with them. Only BT works despite the card showing in the system profile.

I had originally tried to buy the card via that post, but none were in stock. I just purchased the last one listed though with his link. I'll report back on if it performs better than whatever cards I bought on Amazon.

Ok so I received my Broadcom card from the ebay listing linked in the other thread. Unfortunately I'm still getting the same rccal timeout issues with a fatal error of 701.

I'm going to try to generate some hardware logs for this. Also I now have a total of 3 of these Broadcom cards. If anyone wants one just let me know. I can't guarantee any will work though as of now given these issues.

I've figured this out (for me at least), and unfortunately I don't have a great solution for you guys. I decided to pull the entire adapter out, and check every component. I cleaned off the contacts on the Broadcom card with some Isopropyl, ensured everything was slid firmly in it's socket, and then used a spudger from iFixit to ensure the antenna wires were fully connected.

After boot up everything is working 100%. I'm on wifi, bluetooth is connected, no kexts needed. No special clover tricks.

Ultimately I did use the Broadcom chip from the ebay listing link in onmybikedrunk's thread, but I don't think the other cards I had were causing the issue.

I'd encourage anyone else with either only bluetooth/wifi working to check their connections and clean the components.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back