Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> BCM94360CS2 antenna help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same BCM94360CS2 with two Mhf4 antenna connectors. They are attached to two external antennas provided by a PCIe x1 adapter. I'm using a Phanteks Evolv X metal case (ATX size).

Both WiFi and Bluetooth reception is impeccable. No need to worry about signal loss or signal reach.

Just installed a BCM94360CS2 chip into this adapter should be plug and play https://www.ebay.com/itm/BCM94360CS...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Wifi Works great but bluetooth isn't recognized :/ Any suggestions?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 11.05.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 11.05.10 PM.png
    23.2 KB · Views: 63
  • Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 11.05.40 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-01 at 11.05.40 PM.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 48
Ahh nvm, got it working!
I bet you didn't have it connected to a recognized USB port, right? ;)

Glad you got it working.

I bet you didn't have it connected to a recognized USB port, right? ;)

Glad you got it working.

Lol, so I figured that one out before posting but yea that one got me.. The issue I found though was the "version" of OSX I was using.

I am trying to switch all my Macs over to just AFPS (one is encrypted apfs the other is case-sesntitive apfs how or why I did this is beyond me). Since you can't migrate an apfs encrypted drive (my MacBook ) to my a case sensitive drive (hackintosh) or visa versa, I used an extra ssd to create a secondary "hackentosh" apfs volume which I then migrated my MacBook data to.

I've primarily been using this "secondary" volumeto test for bugs/ect. before cloning it to my primary drive. Trying to get bluetooth to work on this secondary drive just wouldn't work. At first glance the system has no issues, all programs run etc. However, I realized there are some issues with some of the home-brew installed packages either not installing right (brew doctor returns no issues though) or paths getting all screwy...

So realizing this I switched over to the hackentonish drive I was using before and voila. So apparently the migration issues don't end at the home-brew issue.

Just installed a BCM94360CS2 chip into this adapter should be plug and play https://www.ebay.com/itm/BCM94360CS2-WiFi-Bluetooth-4-0-Card-to-PCI-E-x1-Adapter-for-PC-Hackintosh/162732101176?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649
Wifi Works great but bluetooth isn't recognized :/ Any suggestions?

Hi Stavi.
Could you you tell me how you connected the antenna cables to the chip?
I have the same adapter and chip, but the antenna connectors don't seem to fit and remain attached to the chip, even when I apply some pressure on it.

Hi Stavi.
Could you you tell me how you connected the antenna cables to the chip?
I have the same adapter and chip, but the antenna connectors don't seem to fit and remain attached to the chip, even when I apply some pressure on it.
I know exactly what your talking about, you just need to apply ALOT of pressure and they will snap on. I honestly thought I was going to break it because of how much pressure I had to apply. Try use the back of a screw driver or something firm/flat that won’t slip off easily and push down the top of connector until you hear it snap into place.

I suppose you could have an opposite issue where the fit is too loose, in which case I’m not really sure what a good solution would be maybe glue?

Reactions: H83
Yep... not enough pressure.
Thanks for that!
Got the wifi to work out of the box, but no bluetooth at all.
Do I need a specific kext to get it to work?

Thanks for that!
Bluetooth requires a USB connection. There is a 4 or 5 pin connector on the card that goes to a USB header on your system board. Did you connect that?

Thanks for that!

Aside from what Hat Trick said, if your mother board has a built in bluetooth card you *might* need to disable it in your plist. If so I'm sure someone with your mother board has posted somewhere on the site how to do that.

But since the chip we have is the same one apple uses you won't need any ktxt or anything like that. Everything on it should work correctly out of the box.

Reactions: H83
It was the usb connector, indeed.
I already had the connector of the case USBs and tried to plug the connector of the PCI adaptor to the entry next to it.
I simply switch both of these connectors and now, everything works like a charm (WiFi, Airdrop and BT).
Thanks a lot @Hat-Trick and @Stavi :thumbup:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back