CPU
i7 - 3770
Graphics
Intel HD 4000
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Ok so quick run down, I will leave the specs on my build at the end of the post, I was running a USB wireless mouse and keyboard combo when I first set up my machine. I was having glitch and lag issues with mainly the mouse but even, rarely, the keyboard. I installed an Apple Broadcom BCM94360CS WiFi/Bluetooth card and adapter. I have a Magic Mouse that I would use with my 13" 2011 MBP and now chose to use it solely with the hackintosh. I never once had a problem with using the Magic Mouse with my MBP. But on the hackintosh it exhibited the same issue I was having with the USB wireless mouse. The problem at first was less than with the USB mouse but it gradually got worse and worse to where now it is virtually not usable. I switched back to mainly using the USB wireless mouse and it doesn't show any problems at all and it was pretty regularly that it would happen before when I was using the USB mouse. I have literally sat here, using the Magic Mouse that is giving me problems and then grab the USB mouse and its totally fine. I completely removed the USB mouse thinking it might be interfering and it didn't help. Now I noticed when the Mail app was shut down entirely, that would help the problem. But I know that my handoff and continuity features use bluetooth as well and those don't work very well either. So now I am wondering if my problem is with the bluetooth. I am running the iMac 13,2 designation and I realized this Broadcom card, while it is an Apple card, is not the right model number for the designation. Could this be where my problem lies? Any help would be amazing because I like using my Magic Mouse way more than the USB mouse.

HP 8300
i7-3770
16GB Ram
Intel HD4000
Kingston 250GB SSD
Apple Broadcom BCM94360CS WiFi/Bluetooth card

I had a similar issue with bluetooth working (or not working) sporadically. It turned out the 2 conductor USB cable was picking up noise causing bluetooth to drop out. I twisted the wires to help with signal rejection and routed the cable as far away from components as I could. Works perfectly with no dropouts!
Hope that helps.

I had a similar issue with bluetooth working (or not working) sporadically. It turned out the 2 conductor USB cable was picking up noise causing bluetooth to drop out. I twisted the wires to help with signal rejection and routed the cable as far away from components as I could. Works perfectly with no dropouts!
Hope that helps.

I pulled the case open to twist the wires like you did but the cable has insulation over it and they heat shrinked the ends. There was a small amount of the wires exposed on either ends so I went ahead and twisted those anyways. The wire doesn't seem to be close to any other components but who knows. I might replace it with the more appropriate BCM94360CD card that has 4 antennas instead of 3. I believe the CS model is 2 wifi and 1 bluetooth while the CD is 2 and 2.

I pulled the case open to twist the wires like you did but the cable has insulation over it and they heat shrinked the ends. There was a small amount of the wires exposed on either ends so I went ahead and twisted those anyways. The wire doesn't seem to be close to any other components but who knows. I might replace it with the more appropriate BCM94360CD card that has 4 antennas instead of 3. I believe the CS model is 2 wifi and 1 bluetooth while the CD is 2 and 2.

Yes, I have the one with 4 antennae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back