Graphics
Quadro K2100M - 3200x1800
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hi.

I have a 6570b running 10.11.4 (haven't updated yet) and I'm currently running a non-AC supported Broadcom Card (which I can't remember the model tbh, so i'll edit this later and update it even though it's not relevant). I was searching for a compatible AC card and it seems my options are:

a) The expensive 94360CD + Adapter for Mini-PCIe
or
b) The inexpensive 94360HMB

From what I've understood after reading Toleda's Mini-PCIe Guide, the 94360CD should work OOB (since my bios has no wifi-whitelist) while the 94360HMB will need some tinkering with the device ID (so I'll have to keep using Rehabman's fine FakePCIID.kext as I have to do nowadays with my current card). I don't really need the bluetooth part of the cards since the laptop has a supported BT 4.0 card already installed.

While money is tight, I could go the extra mile and order the 94360CD + Adapter but I have a few doubts and as such I'm looking for some input from the community.

1) Is the 94360CD(+Adapter) really plug and play (Wifi-wise)?
2) Will it fit in the 6570b's wifi space?
3) do the 94360HMB that are on ebay (china) use the same normal connectors? I seem to remember seeing one with some tiny adaptor cables.
4) If you were me, what would you do?

Thanks!

Hi.

I have a 6570b running 10.11.4 (haven't updated yet) and I'm currently running a non-AC supported Broadcom Card (which I can't remember the model tbh, so i'll edit this later and update it even though it's not relevant). I was searching for a compatible AC card and it seems my options are:

a) The expensive 94360CD + Adapter for Mini-PCIe
or
b) The inexpensive 94360HMB

From what I've understood after reading Toleda's Mini-PCIe Guide, the 94360CD should work OOB (since my bios has no wifi-whitelist) while the 94360HMB will need some tinkering with the device ID (so I'll have to keep using Rehabman's fine FakePCIID.kext as I have to do nowadays with my current card). I don't really need the bluetooth part of the cards since the laptop has a supported BT 4.0 card already installed.

While money is tight, I could go the extra mile and order the 94360CD + Adapter but I have a few doubts and as such I'm looking for some input from the community.

1) Is the 94360CD(+Adapter) really plug and play (Wifi-wise)?
2) Will it fit in the 6570b's wifi space?
3) do the 94360HMB that are on ebay (china) use the same normal connectors? I seem to remember seeing one with some tiny adaptor cables.
4) If you were me, what would you do?

Thanks!

Recommended WiFi (from my guide) is BCM94352HMB.

The BCM94360HMB will probably work, but you may need to route an extra antenna in the case (it has three antenna connectors).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back