Contribute
Register

BCM94360CD High Sierra crash if WIFI is turned on.

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
Hello. I have a BCM94360CD and everything works fine including handoff with one big exception: if I turn WIFI on and Bluetooth at the same time the system freezes, or the beach ball starts showing every 5 minutes and the OS is unusable.

USB cable from card to MB is attached.
System Report > USB says BRCM20702 HUB instead of BCM94360CD, is that normal?
I have the usb port limit patches from my previous install (el cap) I'm guessing I don't have to re-do it.

Problem reporting attached.
Any help is much appreciated!

Attachments

Motherboard
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
MultiBeast 10.0 Update
Updated Drivers -> USB -> Increase Max Port Limit 9 Series for High Sierra 10.13
It didn't make any difference :( Any other ideas? I also updated USBinjectall.kext

The system doesn't not panic/freeze straight away now, it stays somewhat stable, then the beachball shows up randomly and it freezes for a few minutes then returns to normal, until it eventually crashes.

I have an Evo960 M.2 Nvme M.2 and the system report i got after the panic has this in the first line:
"nvme: "Fatal error occurred. CSTS=0xffffffff"
Not sure if it's related but I attached the report here anyway, the OS is not booting from the nvme though, I'm using a regular SSD for now.

Attachments

Last edited:
Motherboard
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
I just noticed I had a "_DSM to XDSM" patch still in my config, since HS has native support for nvme I removed it.
The system is a bit more stable but still crashes if wifi is enabled... Especially while using safari for some reason... :(

Attachments

Motherboard
GA-H97N-WIFI
CPU
i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core
Mobile Phone
iOS
I just noticed I had a "_DSM to XDSM" patch still in my config, since HS has native support for nvme I removed it.
The system is a bit more stable but still crashes if wifi is enabled... Especially while using safari for some reason... :(
Did you find a solution?

Motherboard
CPU
i7 8700K
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
MacBook Pro
Did you find a solution?
No. I never found a solution at the time and eventually I just quit, I m currently waiting for components for a new build so I am not sure it's worth the effort (If someone buys my old hack i'll give it another go)

I suspect it's related to the USB port limit, when I did my Custom SSDT for proper USB reliability I didn't take into account the internal USB connector of the Wifi-Bluetooth card and I might have made other mistakes too like not deactivating ports above the 15 limit.

Rehabman's guide is not very noob friendly:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-creating-a-custom-ssdt-for-usbinjectall-kext.211311/

This one is easier to follow along:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/10-11-0-10-11-3-skylake-starter-guide.179221/ (section 7.2 specifically)

Are you confident your SSDT is 100% correct?