Contribute
Register

BCM94360CD (Fenvi T919) Bluetooth no longer works after update to 10.15.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would point you all to the Acidanthera AirPortBrcmFixup readme page - AirportBrcmFixup

The part that should be of particular note to anyone who has upgraded to Big Sur is the last section, at the very bottom of the page.

@Edhawk thanks ! but he points to BigSur. But actually have both 10.15.7 and BigSur and neither can I get bluetooth to be detected.

I'm having this issue. I also have the Broadcom BCM94360CD.

It was working fine in Catalina and both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth is working fine in Windows 10, so I'm confident it's powered, seated correctly etc.

I read your post above @Edhawk and you're correct to mention the paragraph towards the bottom of the document,

You have to block (or remove) AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext in BigSur.

I understand this and I have edited my config.plist as below:

<dict>
<key>Arch</key>
<string>Any</string>
<key>BundlePath</key>
<string>AirportBrcmFixup.kext</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string></string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<key>ExecutablePath</key>
<string>Contents/MacOS/AirportBrcmFixup</string>
<key>MaxKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>MinKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>PlistPath</key>
<string>Contents/Info.plist</string>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Arch</key>
<string>Any</string>
<key>BundlePath</key>
<string>AirportBrcmFixup.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string></string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<false/>

<string></string>
<key>MaxKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>MinKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>PlistPath</key>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Arch</key>
<string>Any</string>
<key>BundlePath</key>
<string>AirportBrcmFixup.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string></string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<string></string>
<key>MaxKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>MinKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>PlistPath</key>
</dict>

This did not work.

I also tried removing reference to AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext completely in the plist, but this didn't work either.

Finally, in the Bluetooth section of System Information it states, "No information found."

Any ideas?

Last edited:
I'm having this issue. I also have the Broadcom BCM94360CD.

It was working fine in Catalina and both Wi-Fi and Bluetooth is working fine in Windows 10, so I'm confident it's powered, seated correctly etc.

I read your post above @Edhawk and you're correct to mention the paragraph towards the bottom of the document,

You have to block (or remove) AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext in BigSur.

I understand this and I have edited my config.plist as below:

<dict>
<key>Arch</key>
<string>Any</string>
<key>BundlePath</key>
<string>AirportBrcmFixup.kext</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string></string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<string>Contents/MacOS/AirportBrcmFixup</string>
<key>MaxKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>MinKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>PlistPath</key>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Arch</key>
<string>Any</string>
<key>BundlePath</key>
<string>AirportBrcmFixup.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string></string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<false/>

<string></string>
<key>MaxKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>MinKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>PlistPath</key>
</dict>
<dict>
<key>Arch</key>
<string>Any</string>
<key>BundlePath</key>
<string>AirportBrcmFixup.kext/Contents/PlugIns/AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext</string>
<key>Comment</key>
<string></string>
<key>Enabled</key>
<true/>
<string></string>
<key>MaxKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>MinKernel</key>
<string></string>
<key>PlistPath</key>
</dict>

This did not work.

I also tried removing reference to AirPortBrcm4360_Injector.kext completely in the plist, but this didn't work either.

Finally, in the Bluetooth section of System Information it states, "No information found."

Any ideas?
Sorted it.

I removed the USBInjectAll kext.

The card is connected via the USB header on the motherboard for power. This kext must have limited that header to keep within the USB limit.

Sorted it.

I removed the USBInjectAll kext.

The card is connected via the USB header on the motherboard for power. This kext must have limited that header to keep within the USB limit.

Nope.

If you had an SSDT-UIAC.aml in place as well then yep, that would limit the ports.

The kext alone, along with a Port-Limit Removal, patch opens all ports.

Big Sur tends not to like the kext in general. Better to use USBPorts.kext created by Hackintool as an alternative going forward.

Hey, but glad to read it's all working again :thumbup:

Nope.

If you had an SSDT-UIAC.aml in place as well then yep, that would limit the ports.

The kext alone, along with a Port-Limit Removal, patch opens all ports.

Big Sur tends not to like the kext in general. Better to use USBPorts.kext created by Hackintool as an alternative going forward.

Hey, but glad to read it's all working again :thumbup:
Using the guide here, I'm using the files SSDT-PLUG and SSDT-EC-USBX.

My understanding is the Z370 does not need the others.

What is the SSDT-UIAC.aml file for?

Thanks for the update.

Using the guide here, I'm using the files SSDT-PLUG and SSDT-EC-USBX.

My understanding is the Z370 does not need the others.

What is the SSDT-UIAC.aml file for?

Thanks for the update.

Okay.

Let me give you some background -

USBInjectAll.kext does not limit ports. You said - "This kext must have limited that header to keep within the USB limit". Not exactly, it is there to open-up all the ports your motherboard has. However if you create an SSDT-UIAC.aml this will act as a configuration file for USBInjectAll.kext defining the USB ports you wish to use, and you can use this to limit the number if you wish, or you can define the whole lot (but don't, stick to 15).

A Port-Limit Removal Patch, on the other hand, overcomes Apple's arbitrary 15-port limit and if you have USBInjectAll.kext installed and without an SSDT, will activate all 24/26 ports a motherboard like yours will have.

As I mentioned, it's important to realise Big Sur, like Catalina before it, imposes new security on the loading of third-party kexts. If you want to check which kexts are being successfully loaded run the Terminal command "kextstat" to see them.

A new method for USB port control was devised that uses a codeless kext to get around this heavy security and that is Hackintool's USBPorts.kext (or USBMap.kext if your use another site's method).

:)

Okay.

Let me give you some background -

USBInjectAll.kext does not limit ports. You said - "This kext must have limited that header to keep within the USB limit". Not exactly, it is there to open-up all the ports your motherboard has. However if you create an SSDT-UIAC.aml this will act as a configuration file for USBInjectAll.kext defining the USB ports you wish to use, and you can use this to limit the number if you wish, or you can define the whole lot (but don't, stick to 15).

A Port-Limit Removal Patch, on the other hand, overcomes Apple's arbitrary 15-port limit and if you have USBInjectAll.kext installed and without an SSDT, will activate all 24/26 ports a motherboard like yours will have.

As I mentioned, it's important to realise Big Sur, like Catalina before it, imposes new security on the loading of third-party kexts. If you want to check which kexts are being successfully loaded run the Terminal command "kextstat" to see them.

A new method for USB port control was devised that uses a codeless kext to get around this heavy security and that is Hackintool's USBPorts.kext (or USBMap.kext if your use another site's method).

:)
Very interesting.

I’ll try the kextstat command later!

Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back