Contribute
Register

BCM94360CD Card Wifi working, Bluetooth NOT

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone else is having this same issue, I just flipped the usb cable over and it ended up working. Usually there's a corner pinhole that's blocked off so that you can only insert it one way, but for whatever reason, the osxwifi cable (at least in my case) does not have this so it's easy to insert it incorrectly.

In my case the mini USB to USB header cable that came with the pci-e adapter was faulty

If anyone else is having this same issue, I just flipped the usb cable over and it ended up working. Usually there's a corner pinhole that's blocked off so that you can only insert it one way, but for whatever reason, the osxwifi cable (at least in my case) does not have this so it's easy to insert it incorrectly.

PERFECT!!!!

Thank you! :)

So, I purchased on Amazon a BCM94360CD(ax) mini card and an PCI card to go with it. I originally got the idea from this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/w...with-pcie-adapter-from-mallaid-taobao.137070/

When I plug it in, Wifi works out of the box, but bluetooth is a no-go. I have spent a lot of time researching this issue and have found a few responses, but nothing has worked so far.

I tried plugging it in to an EX_1 slot and EX_4 slot in my motherboard with no luck, same results: Wifi works, bluetooth does not.
I tried the continuity activation tool, and it reports: "A Broadcom AirPort card is active, and is using the Continuity compatible Brcm4360 kext...Wi-Fi hardware is compatible with AWDL, but no such interface is up...NOT OK. Your hardware doesn't support Bluetooth 4.0, necessary for Continuity Current LMP Version=0, expected 6. Aborting"

If I install a USB dongle, like the GMYLE bluetooth dongle, Bluetooth 4.0 immediately shows up. It's true I have an x99 (system profile: iMac 14,2) system with a Thunderbolt card installed, but not sure if that would affect Bluetooth working. With the USB dongle, Bluetooth 4 works, but with only the PCIe card and the BCM94360CD, it doesn't.

In the system report, it sees the device, but I'm not sure why it won't load. I've attached a screenshot from my system report. I've also attached the results of a Kextstat, with just the BMC and card installed, and then with the USB GMYLE plugged in. You can see the system immediately loads two new kexts.

Even though I don't think it's necessary for Yosemite, I loaded in S/L/E, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmpatchRAM.kext, and no change. Others reported removing Thunderbolt kexts worked (can't do that, I have a Thunderbolt card), and reinstalling the combo update for 10.10.5 (also didn't work).

Is it possible the mini-card I purchased is defective? Any thoughts or ideas out there?
Sir, i had the same problem
Please tell me what you did exactly to get work of Bluetooth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back