Motherboard
Asus Z790-plus
CPU
i7-12700K
Graphics
RX 6900 XT
Mac
  1. Mac Pro
So, I purchased on Amazon a BCM94360CD(ax) mini card and an PCI card to go with it. I originally got the idea from this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/w...with-pcie-adapter-from-mallaid-taobao.137070/

When I plug it in, Wifi works out of the box, but bluetooth is a no-go. I have spent a lot of time researching this issue and have found a few responses, but nothing has worked so far.

I tried plugging it in to an EX_1 slot and EX_4 slot in my motherboard with no luck, same results: Wifi works, bluetooth does not.
I tried the continuity activation tool, and it reports: "A Broadcom AirPort card is active, and is using the Continuity compatible Brcm4360 kext...Wi-Fi hardware is compatible with AWDL, but no such interface is up...NOT OK. Your hardware doesn't support Bluetooth 4.0, necessary for Continuity Current LMP Version=0, expected 6. Aborting"

If I install a USB dongle, like the GMYLE bluetooth dongle, Bluetooth 4.0 immediately shows up. It's true I have an x99 (system profile: iMac 14,2) system with a Thunderbolt card installed, but not sure if that would affect Bluetooth working. With the USB dongle, Bluetooth 4 works, but with only the PCIe card and the BCM94360CD, it doesn't.

In the system report, it sees the device, but I'm not sure why it won't load. I've attached a screenshot from my system report. I've also attached the results of a Kextstat, with just the BMC and card installed, and then with the USB GMYLE plugged in. You can see the system immediately loads two new kexts.

Even though I don't think it's necessary for Yosemite, I loaded in S/L/E, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmpatchRAM.kext, and no change. Others reported removing Thunderbolt kexts worked (can't do that, I have a Thunderbolt card), and reinstalling the combo update for 10.10.5 (also didn't work).

Is it possible the mini-card I purchased is defective? Any thoughts or ideas out there?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 8.38.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-06-19 at 8.38.07 AM.png
    267.6 KB · Views: 886
  • bluetooth.txt
    1.3 KB · Views: 443
Last edited:
So, I purchased on Amazon a BCM94360CD(ax) mini card and an PCI card to go with it. I originally got the idea from this post: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/w...with-pcie-adapter-from-mallaid-taobao.137070/

When I plug it in, Wifi works out of the box, but bluetooth is a no-go. I have spent a lot of time researching this issue and have found a few responses, but nothing has worked so far.

I tried plugging it in to an EX_1 slot and EX_4 slot in my motherboard with no luck, same results: Wifi works, bluetooth does not.
I tried the continuity activation tool, and it reports: "A Broadcom AirPort card is active, and is using the Continuity compatible Brcm4360 kext...Wi-Fi hardware is compatible with AWDL, but no such interface is up...NOT OK. Your hardware doesn't support Bluetooth 4.0, necessary for Continuity Current LMP Version=0, expected 6. Aborting"

If I install a USB dongle, like the GMYLE bluetooth dongle, Bluetooth 4.0 immediately shows up. It's true I have an x99 (system profile: iMac 14,2) system with a Thunderbolt card installed, but not sure if that would affect Bluetooth working. With the USB dongle, Bluetooth 4 works, but with only the PCIe card and the BCM94360CD, it doesn't.

In the system report, it sees the device, but I'm not sure why it won't load. I've attached a screenshot from my system report. I've also attached the results of a Kextstat, with just the BMC and card installed, and then with the USB GMYLE plugged in. You can see the system immediately loads two new kexts.

Even though I don't think it's necessary for Yosemite, I loaded in S/L/E, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmpatchRAM.kext, and no change. Others reported removing Thunderbolt kexts worked (can't do that, I have a Thunderbolt card), and reinstalling the combo update for 10.10.5 (also didn't work).

Is it possible the mini-card I purchased is defective? Any thoughts or ideas out there?

Though the BCM94360CD is installed on a PCIe adapter card, and the Wifi gets its power and signal through the PCIe bus, the Bluetooth is USB. Didn't your PCIe adapter come with a cable with a 2-pin adapter at one end (to connect to the adapter side) and a USB motherboard header connector at the other end (to connect to an available USB 2.0 header on the motherboard)?

Though the BCM94360CD is installed on a PCIe adapter card, and the Wifi gets its power and signal through the PCIe bus, the Bluetooth is USB. Didn't your PCIe adapter come with a cable with a 2-pin adapter at one end (to connect to the adapter side) and a USB motherboard header connector at the other end (to connect to an available USB 2.0 header on the motherboard)?

First of all, thank you for the reply. Yes, it did, and I plugged it in to a USB 2 connector on my motherboard (Asus x99/usb3.1 motherboard). I plugged it in to two different USB 2 ports on the motherboard just in case one of them might have been bad, and no change. No bluetooth.

So, based on the following post (http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.104850/), I download the Windows 8.1 Bluetooth drivers for an Asus Deluxe board, and I booted into Windows 8.1, just to see if I could load the drivers there. I could not, as the drivers complained that they could not find a bluetooth device. Maybe it was because the drivers weren't an exact match for my motherboard. I just don't know. And now I'm not sure that the BCM9436 chip I was sold was any good or that the PCI card is bad, but again, I just don't know.

So, based on the following post (http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-airport-pcie-half-mini-v2.104850/), I download the Windows 8.1 Bluetooth drivers for an Asus Deluxe board, and I booted into Windows 8.1, just to see if I could load the drivers there. I could not, as the drivers complained that they could not find a bluetooth device. Maybe it was because the drivers weren't an exact match for my motherboard. I just don't know. And now I'm not sure that the BCM9436 chip I was sold was any good or that the PCI card is bad, but again, I just don't know.
Did you ever figure this out? I have the EXACT same issue as you...the vendor and product ID for the Bluetooth do not match what OSXWifi says it should be.

Did you ever figure this out? I have the EXACT same issue as you...the vendor and product ID for the Bluetooth do not match what OSXWifi says it should be.

Bluetooth comes under USB. Make sure it's being seen under USB if not then you will need an adaptor. For Drivers in Windows use boot camp drivers.

Yes, my Bluetooth shows up under USB, please this post for a screenshot. However, I have no Bluetooth options in system preferences and the continuity activation tool reports that I do not have Bluetooth available.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/i...oth-wifi-card-bcm94360cd.198249/#post-1292226

You're Bluetooth shows differently. Are you sure its a Genuine Apple WIFI/Bluetooth Combo card? Hands off is native with this card. Mine shows up as Bluetooth HCI.

Screen Shot 2015-10-01 at 02.35.58.png

Screen Shot 2015-09-02 at 21.13.21.png

11013262_990387311007849_6849552986617939621_o.png

Last edited:
It's supposed to be genuine. I'm a little ticked off with these guys at the moment as they're not responding to support email or online technical requests from me. I've got one massively overpriced wifi card if I can't get this to work! Lol I did a bit of research before purchasing and this company was rated highly by the community in general.

http://www.osxwifi.com/apple-broadc...-bluetooth-4-0-with-adapter-for-pc-hackintosh

It's supposed to be genuine. I'm a little ticked off with these guys at the moment as they're not responding to support email or online technical requests from me. I've got one massively overpriced wifi card if I can't get this to work! Lol I did a bit of research before purchasing and this company was rated highly by the community in general.

http://www.osxwifi.com/apple-broadc...-bluetooth-4-0-with-adapter-for-pc-hackintosh

That adaptor is a bit strange. You may want to send it back and go else where.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back