Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Asus Prime X299-Deluxe
CPU
i9-7900X
Graphics
Radeon VII
I just received a BCM943602CS PCIE card. I got WiFi and Bluetooth working in Windows 10, so I know the card is good. In MacOS 10.13.4 I cannot get the WiFi to work. Bluetooth works. When MacOS starts I see the WiFi turn on and connect to my network (it automatically found my network and used the password in iCloud Keychain), but then the WiFi turns off right away. Then it repeatedly turns on and off several more times and eventually stays off. I can't manually turn it on.

I've tried kext patches mentioned in Toleda's thread, FakePCIID and PCIID_Broadcom_WiFi kexts, AirportBrcmFixup kext, and Fix WiFi options in Clover.

I previously tried another WiFi card and had the same results. Any thoughts?

System is Asus P9X79-E WS motherboard, 4930K CPU, 64GB RAM, 1080TI, Decklink Mini Monitor card, Atto R608 RAID controller, and a USB 3.0 card. Everything else is working great.

In trying to figure this out, I booted into a Unibeast installer for 10.13.4. WiFi works that way, so it's something wrong with my installation. Any recommendations on how to go about determining what the cause of this issue is?

I have Clover, FakeSMC with sensors, Lilu, AppleALC, NvidiaGraphicsFixup, VoodooTSC, AppleIntelE1000e, modified AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, modified mXHCD to get my USB 3.0 ports working. Kexts are in Clover's Kext/Other folder. Latest version of all. I've already tried starting without AppleIntelE1000e, FakeSMC sensors, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, mXHCD, AppleALC, but that didn't help. I also started it without my SSDT and that didn't help either.

EDIT: I also just tried it without Lilu, AppleALC, NvidiaFixup, with the default MacOS graphics drivers (disabled the Nvidia web drivers) and that didn't work either.

So it doesn't appear to be any kexts causing the problem. Any thoughts from anyone? My config.plist is attached.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.5 KB · Views: 168
Try this I removed npci=2000 kext_dev_mode=1, and Nv_drive form boot arg since you have web drivers=yes already. I also unchecked Drop OEM which may have been the culprit, are you using custom DSDT or SSDT files?

Attachments

• config-3.plist.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 60
Thank you! I think I need npci=2000 because it's X79, but I'll give it a shot. I'll be back shortly and let you know.

And yes, I am using custom SSDT's.

It wouldn't start without npci=0x2000. I put that back and it started, but WiFi is still not working.

I think it's an issue with my config.plist. I just put my config.plist on the Unibeast install USB and the WiFi won't work in the installer now. Here's the latest version of my config.plist. Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Also, if I start my existing MacOS system drive with the config.plist that Unibeast creates (and just add npci=0x2000 and enable the Nvidia web driver) the WiFi works. I guess I need to figure out what's actually necessary in the old config.plist and what's in it that causes the WiFi to not work.

Please if anyone has some insight into this, please let me know. I know some things, but am not as knowledgeable and skilled with this as some of you experts. Thank you!

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.8 KB · Views: 175
Last edited:
No EFI Backup folder. I deleted it a while back. Didn't think I'd need it for anything since I keep my own backups.

Yes, the sys def is different. My config.plist I was using is MacPro6,1. The Unibeast sys def that gets WiFi working is iMac14,2. Is it possible that it's the sys def causing the problem?

I just had a chance to test it. Changing the sys def from MacPro6,1 to iMac14,2 in my config.plist gets the WiFi working. Am I losing anything or potentially causing other issues doing this? Is there a reason why MacPro6,1 doesn't work and a way to get it to work? I have an SSDT specific to my motherboard that someone else created and also an SSDT for the CPU with overclock settings. I did a Geekbench benchmark it came out about the same as before.

Yes it could be that Apple made changes to MacPro and doesn't support the WiFi for that model. Google MacIASL and download it you can open your SSDT and DSDT files with it for viewing and see if MacPro definition is in there. If not you should be good to go, you may be able to edit it yourself or ask for help to edit it to iMac 14.2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back