Contribute
Register

BCM943602CS Wifi does not work, but bluetooth does (High Sierra)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
GigaByte bla bla
CPU
i7 7588k
Graphics
AMD 6g iii
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. Color Classic
Hi,

It seems that High Sierra doesn't detect my combo BCM943602CS card. In my system report, under the PCI tab, nothing is detected (https://imgur.com/a/Sej4N).

Obviously, no wifi on the network system preferences. But the bluetooth does work (probably because it's wired to the USB pins on the motherboard).

Tried to use DPCI Manager, nothing detected.

Tried to switch to the other PCI-E slot, did nothing.

I am using a Gigabyte H270 Gaming 3 motherboard. Maybe the issue comes from it ? I also searched anything related to PCI in the BIOS but did not find anything noticeable...

Any help is greatly appreciated since I made everything works on my config except this.

Last edited:
Ok, I'll wait your feedback before buying another combo card. Thanks.

Does you new card work? I have the same issue on Sierra with
Broadcom BCM943228HMB

I finally got around to popping the new one in this afternoon. Same deal, MacOS says no wifi hardware installed. Back to the drawing board. I just don't get it.
When you boot up do you see rccal timeouts when it tries to activate the card?

I did do some light research, and it appears there are some real Mac users that encountered this same issue when updating. I’m looking into that, but appears they needed a new driver/kext and had to run some utility.

If you find that let me know. I'm still trying to figure out what the rccal timeout equates to. From what I've read it appears to be tied to the drivers.

Is it something that hangs for a while while booting?

There’s nothing that really hangs long enough for me to read when I am booting right now.
It quickly scrolls by. I was able to get it to pause on the error by booting into single user mode (-s as a boot argument in clover).
You can hit any key to continue the boot. To get out of the terminal and continue on to the normal OS you can just type "exit".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back