Contribute
Register

BCM943602CS, Gigabyte Z370XP SLI and MacOS Catalina 10.15.5. Bluetooth works strange. Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
z370
CPU
i7-8700k
Graphics
Radeon rx5500 XT
Hello everyone!

I have an issue with my BCM943602CS card and Mac OS Catalina 10.15.5. Wi-Fi works great, but bluetooth works... weirdly. I'm trying to connect apple magic keyboard and apple magic trackpad 2.

There are 3 cases:

1. My hack is turned off (not in sleep mode or hibernation, it's important). I turn it on. Loading... The login form is on my screen. The keyboard and trackpad are connected automatically after 15-20 sec. BUT! When I log in, the connection is lost. And bluetooth doesn't work at all.

2. My hack is turned off. I turn it on. Loading... The login form is on my screen. The keyboard and trackpad are connected automatically after 15-20 sec. Now I click the reboot button under the login form. The hack reboots...The login form loads, and my keyboard and trackpad connect immediately (not after 15-20 seconds) and work fine even after logging in. Bluetooth is working fine.

3. My hack is turned off. I turn it on. But this time I'm using a USB connection between the keyboard and the hack (the trackpad still uses bluetooth only). The login form loads and my trackpad connects via bluetooth immediately (not after 15-20 seconds) and works perfectly even after logging in. I disconnect the USB cable from the keyboard and it [keyboard] connects immediately via bluetooth. Bluetooth is working fine.

I already tried to use this and this. No result.
Also I created USBPorts.kext and SSDT-UIAC using hackintool. But there is no difference for Bluetooth (same result with and without this kext and SSDT)
All USB-ports are working well.

What could it be?

Specs:
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z370XP SLI
CPU: Intel i7-8700K
RAM: 16 GB
Video: Radeon RX5500 XT
Wi-Fi/BT: BCM943602CS

EFI folder is attached below.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 176
I have the same problem.;) Have you solved it?

I have the same problem.;) Have you solved it?

Hi, liwey
I unchecked all these checkboxes on screenshot below (Devices -> USB in clover configurator). Everything is almost fine now. I mean, sometimes this issue happens again anyway, but it happens very rarely

Снимок экрана 2020-08-12 в 14.33.31.png

1. You'll need AirportBrcmFixup.kext unless your country code is US. Matching country codes is important to wifi stability and performance. You can set your country code via the following boot arg: brcmfx-country. Setting the right driver on load also helps minimize cruft. That can be set by the following: brcmfx-driver. Your card requires the value "1".

More here: https://github.com/acidanthera/AirportBrcmFixup

2. You will also need BrcmPatchRAM.kext. Specifically, three of them (this assumes you're on Catalina): BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext, and BrcmPatchRAM3.kext.

More here: https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM

Without it, things will work either strangely or will work for a time and then BT will crash (the latter has to do with the card not holding the firmware), taking down your entire USB array (BT and USB are all connected via ACPI).

The card does sort of work OOB, but will need the above to function without issue.

You can test the system forcing it to sleep. If it recovers without issue, that means you have both your USB ports and combo card set up correctly. If not, the BT system will panic and drop all your USB ports in the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back