Contribute
Register

BCM943602CS Combo Card For Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes i kinda did. I got another verison of the card with 4 antennas and then extended the bluetooth antenna with an antenna cable. I then placed the bluetooth antenna right besides my mouse pad. That way the 2.4 Ghz wifi and 2.4 Ghz bluetooth can't distract eachother. This a bit of a design issue of these PCIe cards whrere all antennas come out the back of the pc without any distance of eachother.
In a real mac the wifi and bluetooth antennas are routed far appart as well.
ohhh I see , that's very much informative, thanks for the information. this will help me take steps to solve the issue. thank you very much

can
Yes i kinda did. I got another verison of the card with 4 antennas and then extended the bluetooth antenna with an antenna cable. I then placed the bluetooth antenna right besides my mouse pad. That way the 2.4 Ghz wifi and 2.4 Ghz bluetooth can't distract eachother. This a bit of a design issue of these PCIe cards whrere all antennas come out the back of the pc without any distance of eachother.
u telme which antenna cable u bought?

Not really. All mac laptops use a 3 antennas wifi adapter, one of those antennas is used for both 2.4GHz wifi and Bluetooth.

You can't route BT and Wi-Fi separately.

I think the main issue however isn't the antenna and it's placement outside the PC, it's the antenna cables travelling in the case without any shielding of any kind. It's a very noisy environment.

Since I shielded the antenna cable and used extremely short ones, ive had no interference issues of any kind

Since I shielded the antenna cable and used extremely short ones, ive had no interference issues of any kind

Hi Rulebreaker01, could you please explain how / what cable you shielded on your BCM943602CS? I'm having the range issues most others are describing here. Seems this is a universal problem with these cards. Any info / pics you could provide would be most helpful. Thanks in advance! :)

Edit:
From another thread:
"And best to use a 5GHz Wi-Fi network otherwise there is interference and you'll experience mouse and keyboard lag."

Bluetooth range is now acceptable (at least 25-50ft now). This is the KEY with this card (BCM943602CS). Use a 5GHz WiFi network. Otherwise both protocols will interfere with each other in the 2.4GHz band!

Still would like to see what you used for antennas for WiFi and how you shielded the internal bluetooth cable Rulebreaker01

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    83 bytes · Views: 283
Last edited:
Hi!
Here is my Build:

Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 5 Z370
Intel 8700K
Corsair Vengeance 32GB - 3000Mhz

And this network card -

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/WTX...423.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.341f4c4d7BhC5x

After trying many guides and workarounds, I am not able to get Hand-off working, though it should work OOB with this network card. Airdrop has started working after many attempts but it is very slow. I have a Dlink DIR 850L Router, which should give me 867Mbps on 5Ghz, but Network Utility says 400Megabits on this card)

I'm posting screenshots of the current problem.
The bluetooth can't be turned off, and it doesn't find or connect to devices.

Strangely in System Report under Bluetooth, it says the Manufacturer is Intel, which makes me think if the integrated BT is working along with the Broadcom one.

It will be great if somebody can help me rectify this problem.

I'll be grateful if you can tell me what exactly I need to provide as information and how (for example - IOReg, DSDT etc)
Hey there!

I'm running 10.14.2 on a Z390 Aorus Master with the same issue.

BCM94360CS2 card wifi working perfectly (PCi-e) but bluetooth taking a back seat to the onboard combo card (
AC 9560 Intel CNVi). Bluetooth actually works on the Intel card, as long as I fire Windows 10 up prior to booting OSX.
I'm a little surprised that the Intel BT works at all under Mac.

I'm contemplating (plucking up the courage) to pull the integrated Intel card from the motherboard to see if the BC BCM BT kicks into life.

Not really. All mac laptops use a 3 antennas wifi adapter, one of those antennas is used for both 2.4GHz wifi and Bluetooth.

You can't route BT and Wi-Fi separately.

I think the main issue however isn't the antenna and it's placement outside the PC, it's the antenna cables traveling in the case without any shielding of any kind. It's a very noisy environment.

Helo I can confirm that placing antennas far away does not solve the issue. however it can help you to connect with the nearby accessories like mouse or headphones etc. but interference issue us still there .

Can you tel me how did you solve exactly the interference issue . how did you shield the antenna wires. It would be very helpful for me. Thanks

Helo I can confirm that placing antennas far away does not solve the issue. however it can help you to connect with the nearby accessories like mouse or headphones etc. but interference issue us still there .

Can you tel me how did you solve exactly the interference issue . how did you shield the antenna wires. It would be very helpful for me. Thanks
I placed the bcm card where the system's intel was located, inside the shielding plate, I then used the very short antenna cable the original cord was using

I just got a combo BCM943602CS from Taobao, Wifi and Bluetooth work well but i'm not able to get hand-off working. My spec: i7-700 + AMD RX570 +8Gb RAM, macOS 10.14.2

But, my friend, he also got another card (BCM943602CS) and everything works well on 10.13.6.

Anyone can confirm that hand-off work on Mojave or not with this combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back