Contribute
Register

BCM943602CS Combo Card For Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just received the same card today and wasted a good summer's day trying to get the wifi to work but to no avail! BT works fine but the Wifi shows no sign of life! Tried all of the PCI slots on my Mobo (Asus , Hero VIII), tried reseating the chip on the adaptor. No Wifi interface detected in either Sierra or W10. I got it because wanted OOB functionality but alas no! Green light is on.

Can somebody guide me on trying to get it to work please.. worried its broken!

I just received the same card today and wasted a good summer's day trying to get the wifi to work but to no avail! BT works fine but the Wifi shows no sign of life! Tried all of the PCI slots on my Mobo (Asus , Hero VIII), tried reseating the chip on the adaptor. No Wifi interface detected in either Sierra or W10. I got it because wanted OOB functionality but alas no! Green light is on.

Can somebody guide me on trying to get it to work please.. worried its broken!
Try rebuilding your kext cache and also removing the WiFi interface from Sys Prefs > Networks. Readd it after rebooting. Also check the antennas.

Try rebuilding your kext cache and also removing the WiFi interface from Sys Prefs > Networks. Readd it after rebooting. Also check the antennas.

Cache was rebuilt when I removed my prior Wifi USB stick's Kext (RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext). Sys Prefs > Networks does not have Wifi interface or allow me to add one.. Just Bluetooth and the VPN type entries. Have tried with and without antennas but that shouldn't impact whether it is detected. Seems more like a hardware issue.. tried playing around with bios settings. Nothing related comes up in System Report or to my untrained eye in IOReg output.

If of any relevance I have a M.2 SSD in the M.2 slot but reading my mobo manual I'm pretty certain that should not impact the PCI slots. Anybody with any experience with this combo card and the ASUS VIII Hero?

Any help appreciated! Thanks

Cache was rebuilt when I removed my prior Wifi USB stick's Kext (RT2870USBWirelessDriver.kext). Sys Prefs > Networks does not have Wifi interface or allow me to add one.. Just Bluetooth and the VPN type entries. Have tried with and without antennas but that shouldn't impact whether it is detected. Seems more like a hardware issue.. tried playing around with bios settings. Nothing related comes up in System Report or to my untrained eye in IOReg output.

If of any relevance I have a M.2 SSD in the M.2 slot but reading my mobo manual I'm pretty certain that should not impact the PCI slots. Anybody with any experience with this combo card and the ASUS VIII Hero?

Any help appreciated! Thanks

Returned the card - will try another option.. fingers crossed

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2017-08-31 в 3.30.08.jpg
    Снимок экрана 2017-08-31 в 3.30.08.jpg
    192.8 KB · Views: 213
Reactions: dez
I have a strange problem in windows 10, which is
- if I disable wifi, bt works fine
- if I enable wifi, bt works in 1 foot range, otherwise bt lags like hell.

I've been trying all kind of drivers. my current driver:
bt:
2bnolBF.png

wifi:
0PYMity.png

is any one have any solution for this?
thank you.

bt:
2bnolBF.png

wifi:
0PYMity.png

thank you.
Try removing the antennas and screwing them back again. You should be able to rotate the antennas so try to point them in the general direction of your router and BT peripherals.

bt:
2bnolBF.png

wifi:
0PYMity.png

thank you.

Which driver did you use for Bluetooth? I tried Bootcamp drivers but after installing the Driver the Apple Magic Mouse 2 & Keyboard 2 stops working.

Just received my BCM943602CS Combo Card card today, and basically now have workable WiFi and Bluetooth, but no Handoff/Continuity.

Apart from having to switch the card from a PCIe 1x slot to a PCIe 4x slot to get WiFi up, everything's gone smoothly.

- Sysinfo reports BT LE, Handoff, Instant Hot Spot all supported.
- Tried switching the antennas around - I have three, but they're not labeled, and I'd seen one user indicated that he had solved his issue by correctly matching the 2.4 GHz antenna to bluetooth (he apparently had different 2.4 and 5GHz antennas)
- WiFi seems OK in terms of stability, if maybe a bit slow (still connected to 5Ghz 802.11ac though)
- Bluetooth also seems to work: I can pair to my iPhone/iPad or bluetooth speakers - streaming music works just fine

Not sure how I can test the bluetooth LE part... I'm not seeing either my iPhone or iPad in the WiFi menu for instant hotspot, unlock with Apple Watch fails saying it couldn't communicate with my watch (all of this works with my MBP though).

Oh, and just in case - I tried logging out and back in to iCloud just in case...

Pretty stumped right now, so any pointers would be really appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back