Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Pro
  3. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Anybody have any experience using a Broadcom BCM943602CS? This has been use on current Macbook Pro retina 2015 with Bluetooth 4.1 upgraded from the previous BCM94360CD. I have a hit and miss buying the BCM94360CD from various Ebay sellers but finally got one seller from Taiwan which work oob. there are various sellers from Ebay but one thing that really interest me is Amazon Uk which some buyers said card works great.

Anybody have any experience using a Broadcom BCM943602CS? This has been use on current Macbook Pro retina 2015 with Bluetooth 4.1 upgraded from the previous BCM94360CD. I have a hit and miss buying the BCM94360CD from various Ebay sellers but finally got one seller from Taiwan which work oob. there are various sellers from Ebay but one thing that really interest me is Amazon Uk which some buyers said card works great.

Just ordered this card and plugged it in. Replaces my TP-Link TL-WDN4800 wireless card and IOGear GBU521 USB bluetooth adapter.

I've got my magic trackpad paired to this card, it's running my wireless, AirDrop is working, handoff/continuity support is working. Great card, and I got it from TaoBao. The shipping was very fast, but a little weird. You pay for shipping inside China first, then a warehouse gets the shipment, then you process a separate payment for overseas shipping. Received 5 days after I paid for overseas shipping. Hope this helps you or someone else.

One added bonus is that my system now reboots and boots more quickly, ostensibly because I'm not needing to sideload kexts for hardware not intended to run natively on a Mac.

I bought this card via Amazon UK back in February and would confirm that handoff, continuity Wi-Fi & Bluetooth all work OOB.

Card is labelled '[New Version] ABWB 802.11AC WI-FI With Bluetooth 4.0 PCI-Express (PCI-E) BCM943602CS Combo Card For Hackintosh (MAC OS X) Airport Computers, Supports Hands-off' This has come down in price since I bought mine. Link to card - https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00MBP25UK/?tag=tonymacx86-21

I have the Bluetooth working under Windows 10 but I have been struggling to get the Wi-Fi aspect to work, can't find a viable driver for this combo card. All the Bootcamp drivers fail to install or just don't work when they do install.

The new card only has three antenna v's the old card having four, so it could possibly be installed in a small form factor case if you can get hold of or create (from a blanking plate) a low profile adapter with three antenna holes with the correct spacing.

Hello @Edhawk
Yes, I have one of these cards too.
The Windows driver *is* in the BootCamp driver package but, if memory serves me correctly, you need to get the latest to find compatibility with this particular Apple chip. The version I downloaded was v6 (031-56534). I recommend *not* using the bootcamp.msi to install anything, despite others recommending it because it doesn't do anything useful on a hackintosh and is very difficult to uninstall. Just install using the broadcom wireless exe file.

Wireless seems very stable.

Hope that helps.

:)

Last edited:
Thanks, This helped. All the v5 drivers were failing in Windows 10.

I downloaded what I am assuming are the latest the Apple drivers (dated 31 March 2016) via BootCamp Assistant, which copied them to a FAT32 formatted USB stick.

Just wondering if anyone is using this card with Sierra? Have it on my Amazon wishlist and was going to go get it but was spooked by the thread on older cards which had been dropped. I'm assuming as this is relatively new and around awhile that it should be fine

Just wondering if anyone is using this card with Sierra? Have it on my Amazon wishlist and was going to go get it but was spooked by the thread on older cards which had been dropped. I'm assuming as this is relatively new and around awhile that it should be fine
I have this card - I updated to Sierra GM, the Bluetooth and wifi work - it shows as "handoff capable" in System Report, but handoff is not working for me. The only kext I have is FakeSMC. It probably will work, but I haven't figured it out yet!

I have this card - I updated to Sierra GM, the Bluetooth and wifi work - it shows as "handoff capable" in System Report, but handoff is not working for me. The only kext I have is FakeSMC. It probably will work, but I haven't figured it out yet!
Thanks! That seems positive but frustratingly out of reach for you at the same time too

Today it started working - no updates, no changes. It started working when the Ethernet and wifi were both switched off, then carried on working when I restored Ethernet. So yes it works fine with no kexts or patches needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back