E5 2690v3
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi there,

Having upgraded to 12.1, my bluetooth cannot be pair some devices, such as my Sony BT headset or my iphone. However, for bluetooth keyboard or mouse, it can be pair without problem. Can anyone advise how to solve this issue?

My config is below:
1. BCM943602CS PCI card
2. BrcmPatchRAM3, BcrmFiremwareData, and BlueToolFixup @ 2.61

At Big Sur, I can be pair any devices without any issue.

Is it better to change to Finvi T919 BCM94360CD for Monterey better compatibility?

Thanks,
Louie

Apple changed the Bluetooth stack in MacOS Monterey. This is causing issues for a number of BT cards. However, most natively supported cards, such as your BCM943602CS work without any issues.

Why when you have a natively supported WiFi/BT card are you using those third party kexts?

I have a couple of systems using the same Broadcom WiFi/BT card and all I use is AirportBrcmFixup.kext. I only use that kext so I can set the country code as GB, otherwise my WiFi is set as DE (Germany)! I don't need to use any Bluetooth kexts, as it is a natively supported Apple Card.

Now, I am only using AirportBrcmFixup.kext for my wifi/bt card.
For the wifi part, I do not have any issue.
For the BT part, it can be connected to a BT keyboard and mouse. However, if I try to pair my iphone or BT headphone, it always prompt out the failing error on pairing.

I refer you to my previous post.

Apple changed the Bluetooth stack in MacOS Monterey. This is causing issues for a number of BT cards.

Your bluetooth is working, if as you said the keyboard and mouse are connecting. The iPhone and headphones not working may be a bug Apple is currently working on, or not.

You shouldn't need any additional kexts or patches to get your BT devices working. So adding any will only cause you more issues.

Thanks for your advice.

Since, some people had mentioned at other forum that Monterey only support on BCM04360CD.
Thus, I would like to know whether my BCM943602CS is also supported on Monterey.

** Airdrop is also ok, only has the problem on connecting to other BT headset as well as my iphone

Btw, from Hackintool, I cannot see any BT info, but, I can get the info. at system info.

Is it normal? I forgot it has the same result at Big Sur before.

1643080466586.png

1643080485350.png

Last edited:
airdrop is only working one way for me? with the fenvi t910, wats all that about :D:D::D

If you have the BCM943602CS, you don't need any kext. It is supported natively. I would start by removing all the kext unless you really need it. (e.g. Country Code).

The BCM943602CS requires 3 antennas. I believe the middle/center one is for Bluetooth. Make sure the antenna is plugged in. Check the bluetooth stats from the dropdown menu (Hold Option while clicking the bluetooth icon). The the RSSI level should be less than ~60-70.

To me it sounds like a signal issue.

I've been playing with another Hack that is running Monterey 12,1, which contains a BCM43602CS card in a PCIe adapter.

Screenshot 2022-01-25 at 19.19.49.png Hackintool > General > Peripherals - Bluetooth device shown

Screenshot 2022-01-25 at 19.20.15.png Hackintool > USB - Bluetooth device shown connected to internal port

Screenshot 2022-01-25 at 19.26.42.pngSystem Information > Bluetooth report - Bluetooth shown,

But not as being Discoverable. Even though the Apple Keyboard and Trackpad are both connected via BT!

I have just found out that it is having issues connecting specific BT devices.

AirDrop works between my iPhone, iMac, MBP and my other hack's, but it is really slow compared to using this feature with my other systems running Big Sur or Catalina. Plus it is a bit hit and miss as to whether AirDrop works or not.

My Bose and MPOW Headphones won't connect with the Monterey system, not matter what I try.

So I went digging in the /System/Library/Extensions folder on Big Sur 11.6.2 and Monterey 12.1, specifically looking for any differences in the contents of IOBluetoothFamily.kext/Contents/Plugins/IOBluetoothHostControllerTransport.kext, which is used in both OS's to drive the Apple Bluetooth module.

What I noticed is a difference between the new and old IOBluetoothHostControllerTransport.kext/Contents/info.plist, which I have highlighted below.

Screenshot 2022-01-25 at 19.08.22.png Big Sur -IOBluetoothHostControllerTransport.kext/Contents/info.plist

Screenshot 2022-01-25 at 19.08.32.png Monterey -IOBluetoothHostControllerTransport.kext/Contents/info.plist

The main difference appears to be that the Monterey kext's Info.plist has been severely truncated, with the bottom section completely missing from this kext.

The missing section has been highlighted in a red rectangle in the Big Sur screenshot.

I would be very surprised if this wasn't the reason for the Bluetooth modules not working correctly. This is obviously something that Apple need to fix. We will just have to wait and see if the next release of Monterey contains the complete kext.

Seem, it is Apple issue , let's see any fix later.. thx all

I have the exact same card.

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 11.52.53 AM.png

Screen Shot 2022-01-26 at 11.52.02 AM.png

My bluetooth works without an issue. I have it connected to:
Airpods, Airpods Pro, 2 x iphones, 1 ipad, a Bose QCII, XBOX Controller.

Sidecard, Continuity, etc. Everything working.

In the past I had issues like what you described (with a different card) and I realized months later that it was because I didn't plug in the antenna. Slow speed, in/out connections, etc.

Try to upgrade to 12.2 today, no luck, still have the same issue. I have also checked the antenna that are good in place.
Still cannot connect to my iPhone as well as BT headset:banghead::banghead:

Also, disabled all brcm* and airport* related kext

1643255079399.png

1643255092169.png

1643255105912.png

1643255166786.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back