Graphics
RX 480
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello. I've tried everything to get the bluetooth working with BCM943602CS on 10.14.5. Wifi works perfectly fine.
I tried putting kexts BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext in L/E ,S/L/E (WITH KEXT BEAST) Clover/kexts folder. Still not working.
I feel like giving up and just buy a Mac native supported bluetooth dongle. Anyone have a solution to this problem? Please it would save me some money.

Search: Beginner's Guide Custom USB SSDT

That will help you to get your internal USB 2.0 header working which is required for BT cards to work.

Just went through this myself. To verify- use a tool like Hackintool or IORegistry explorer to check that you have a USB device for bluetooth, which you likely do not. As trs96 says, USB is required for the bluetooth functionality of the card to work.

I have used this same card with a PCI-E card adapter and it requires a USB cable to an internal USB 2.0 header to work.

Now I'm using the card in an NGFF slot using an adapter it does not require an external wire to a USB header as USB is provided in the slot for this functionality.

Long story short-, if you don't see the BRCM device show up in your list of USB devices, it will not work regardless of how many different kexts you try or where you put them.

Just went through this myself. To verify- use a tool like Hackintool or IORegistry explorer to check that you have a USB device for bluetooth, which you likely do not. As trs96 says, USB is required for the bluetooth functionality of the card to work.

I have used this same card with a PCI-E card adapter and it requires a USB cable to an internal USB 2.0 header to work.

Now I'm using the card in an NGFF slot using an adapter it does not require an external wire to a USB header as USB is provided in the slot for this functionality.

Long story short-, if you don't see the BRCM device show up in your list of USB devices, it will not work regardless of how many different kexts you try or where you put them.
ok i just did that. USB ports sorted. I assume on PORT "PR11" it says my "IOUSBHostDevice" is the bluetooth controller connected to the internal USB. What now? I sorted my ports correctly still nothing works.

Last edited:
Here are attachments of proof my usb ports are in order. Ok what else is there for me to do? I've also included the diagram of my usb ports and where exactly things are located.

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 44
  • 02.png
    02.png
    64.2 KB · Views: 40
  • 03.png
    03.png
    76.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 04.png
    04.png
    104 KB · Views: 48
  • USBMAP.jpg
    USBMAP.jpg
    667.4 KB · Views: 47
I don’t see the device. Attached pic of how it shows in mine.

And to test, disconnect from the usb header and see if usb devices change.

Attachments

• 9EBEB061-B69D-4A24-8379-5F589C1ED928.jpeg
    9EBEB061-B69D-4A24-8379-5F589C1ED928.jpeg
    917.1 KB · Views: 31
I don’t see the device. Attached pic of how it shows in mine.

And to test, disconnect from the usb header and see if usb devices change.
I don't see a name like that. Where in ioexplorer can i see if i can locate it? only thing i see is on PR11" "IOUSBHostDevice" that's it. Also did you use any kexts? and if so what are they and where did you put them?

Attachments

• 01.png
    01.png
    69.2 KB · Views: 29
update: it doesn't change when i plug it out.

Hello. I've tried everything to get the bluetooth working with BCM943602CS on 10.14.5. Wifi works perfectly fine.
I tried putting kexts BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext in L/E ,S/L/E (WITH KEXT BEAST) Clover/kexts folder. Still not working.
I feel like giving up and just buy a Mac native supported bluetooth dongle. Anyone have a solution to this problem? Please it would save me some money.

If you are using an Apple branded card, you don't need BrcmPatchRAM2.kext or BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back