I7-10700K
Graphics
5600XT & 6800 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi all,

I recently bought a BCM943602CDP + PCI-e adapter to replace a USB dongle that behaves erratically and also get wifi. I bought it based on the fact that on many forums, because it is a genuine apple card it supposed to work OOB. The wifi worked OOB with no issue but not the bluetooth. I don't see the bluetooth adapter listed in the system report. I have the usual brcmrampatch in clover/kext/other (bluetoothinjector, firmwaredata and pathram3).
Is there something specific to do to enable bluetooth on this card. Note that the pci-e adapter is connected to a usb connector on the motherboard. I know that this connector worked before it was initially connected to a front panel usb connector which I had to unplug it to plug the card because I was running out of usb connectors on the motherboard). However I have never installed the usb patch. Not even sure if I need it.
Thanks for the help

Stopping by to bump this thread. Just received this card under the impression that it was plug & play, but it doesn't seem to be the case.
I've contacted OSXWiFi.com but still waiting to hear back from them.

At least you managed to get WiFi working! I wasn't able to get that at all...

I am also curious on this and am having the same issue

Brace yourself and wait forever in the hope to receive a response from OSXWiFi.com

Hi all,

I recently bought a BCM943602CDP + PCI-e adapter to replace a USB dongle that behaves erratically and also get wifi. I bought it based on the fact that on many forums, because it is a genuine apple card it supposed to work OOB. The wifi worked OOB with no issue but not the bluetooth. I don't see the bluetooth adapter listed in the system report. I have the usual brcmrampatch in clover/kext/other (bluetoothinjector, firmwaredata and pathram3).
Is there something specific to do to enable bluetooth on this card. Note that the pci-e adapter is connected to a usb connector on the motherboard. I know that this connector worked before it was initially connected to a front panel usb connector which I had to unplug it to plug the card because I was running out of usb connectors on the motherboard). However I have never installed the usb patch. Not even sure if I need it.
Thanks for the help

Hi there.

It is worth noting that a standard 9-pin USB2.0 motherboard header actually contains 2x USB ports. Depnding on which way the plug on the Bluetooth wire is set-up, it actually might be connecting to the other USB port compared with the one that ran to the front panel (unless that had two ports attached of course).

You shouldn't need the BRCM*.* patches for this Apple card, but that wouldn't necessarily affect bluetooth.

As nothing is showing in System Report, barring a faulty card, the answer has to be that USB connector.

:)

So for me is suppose it is slightly different then... As I DO see the card show up is usb devices, but the bluetooth area is blank and the bluetooth icon says "Not Available".

iMac.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back