Contribute
Register

BCM94352Z WIFI card Lenovo(04X6020) vs Dell (DW1560)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Lenovo YOGA 730-15IKB
CPU
i5-8250U
Graphics
UHD Graphics 620 1920 x 1080
I have read a number of posts here about the BCM94352Z working, but I also read that most people use the DW1560, as I think it gets repeated a lot.
However, Dell (DW1560) is harder to get and more expensive $100, vs the Lenovo(04X6020) $50.00. I am also running a Lenovo Yoga 730, so thought it may be good to go with Lenovo.

However, I have heard people say the Lenovo and Dell cards, although the same chip is not the same card and hence the Lenovo needed to use the old Kext files, as the new version won't work. I have also heard people post they both work.

I would like to run this on a Yoga 730-15IKB with Mojave and/or Catalina.

Any issues? Has anyone gotten the Lenovo card to work with the newer Kext/drivers? I also heard the Lenovo does not actually fit a M.2 slot, so I'm confused.

I want the card with the least issues. I have seen a lot of BCM94352Z cards for sale, some state they don't work with Lenovo, some don't have DW1560 on the chip. I am a bit confused on where to purchase the most authentic card. I ordered the Lenovo card from Lenovo (not received yet), but Dell no longer sells the DW1560.

In summary..

**What card should I order and from where?**

Last edited:
I also heard the Lenovo does not actually fit a M.2 slot, so I'm confused.
Find out which m.2 card you have, ie key a/e ngff .......notice the connectors. I believe your Laptop uses ngff key e (the card at the top).
keyaengff.jpg

61d6YrOrutL._SL1001_.jpg

There are many available from eBay and Amazon at very cheap prices;
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07XP9B6RW/?tag=tonymacx86-21
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bluetoot...a=0&pg=2047675&_trksid=p2047675.c100005.m1851

I thought my card slot was Ngff A+E, but I could be wrong.

The link above stated that the dw1820a was not recommended, hence why I asked about the DW1560.

ebay and Amazon do sell a version of the card, but there seems to be many different variations.

I would be interested to find out as many reported some of the cards not working well. I also debated the actual airport card with an adapter, but not sure my laptop white list would allow it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back