Contribute
Register

BCM94352Z installed on ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming - WiFi and BT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes in my opinion it is. One caution is that some motherboards have a lay down M.2 WiFi connector with components too close to the socket so that the radio in the adapter will not fit properly. I ran into this on an ASUS PRIME H310T R2.0 mini-ITX motherboard (this is the "thin" version).

My solution to the install issue (not recommended for the faint of heart) was to modify the adapter bracket where I cut off the portion of the adapter board from the center hole to the end of the adapter board. I then still had an issue with the pins from the Fan Header (reformed these so the connector could be used with the cable coming in from the side) and the serial port and USB910( clipped the pins off).

This MacBook Air radio came up on Catalina 10.15.3 with both WiFi and BT working on the next boot.

Good modding,
neil

Attachments

• M2mod.jpg
    M2mod.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 90
@neilhart and others: through an incorrect eBay listing, I'm now in possession of a BCM94360CS instead of a BCM94360CS2 card. It looks to have 3 antenna connections instead of two. Not sure what the other differences are. I'd like to use this in my z170i build with an m.2 adapter. I see thee options:

1. Connect two of the three antenna with the MFH4 connectors included on the little z170i metal box where the included card was
2. Do the above and get a third MHF4 pigtail and run it to the outside of the case for a third antenna
3. Get a BCM94360CS2

Thoughts on what the best solution would be? Does the BCM94360CS work as easily as the CS2 version? Thanks.

@neilhart and others: through an incorrect eBay listing, I'm now in possession of a BCM94360CS instead of a BCM94360CS2 card. It looks to have 3 antenna connections instead of two. Not sure what the other differences are. I'd like to use this in my z170i build with an m.2 adapter. I see thee options:

1. Connect two of the three antenna with the MFH4 connectors included on the little z170i metal box where the included card was
2. Do the above and get a third MHF4 pigtail and run it to the outside of the case for a third antenna
3. Get a BCM94360CS2

Thoughts on what the best solution would be? Does the BCM94360CS work as easily as the CS2 version? Thanks.

Humm.. well here is an opportunity to move the known information base forward: Install the radio with M.2 adapter and boot your system. Share your experience.

Good modding,
neil

Humm.. well here is an opportunity to move the known information base forward: Install the radio with M.2 adapter and boot your system. Share your experience.

Good modding,
neil

Installed and bluetooth works but wifi does not. I don't see wifi as an option in the Networks preference pane and System Report doesn't even list any wifi hardware. Any thoughts? Posted question regarding no wifi in BCM94360CS instead of CD thread.

Colomb, I do not have enough information to have an opinion. I would need to know what makes up your system and which macOS version you are running and how the OS was installed.

Good modding,
neil

Colomb, I do not have enough information to have an opinion. I would need to know what makes up your system and which macOS version you are running and how the OS was installed.

Good modding,
neil

@neilhart
Asus z170i
i7-6700k
RX 580
macOS 10.15.4 ( 10.14 fresh install and upgraded to 10.15 through software update )
Clover 5107

By all means, not looking to create more work for you, but if there is information that can be gleaned from trying to get this card to work on a z170i board, I'm happy to try stuff out. I've got the CS2 version of the card coming soon, so I'm not tied to getting this one working.

Put those kexts into EFI/Clover/kexts/Other, restarted and still no wifi.

Alex
Okay I will hang back and wait for your report on the ..CS2 radio. I am getting one of my Catalina hacks ready to try the 10.15.4 update.

Good modding,
neil

Put those kexts into EFI/Clover/kexts/Other, restarted and still no wifi.

Alex
weird that it didn't work for you but to be honest with you Im waiting for my BCM94360 too. I got a weird mouse stutter and think it's from this card. I'll let you know how that goes. I should have it tomorrow or the next day...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back