Contribute
Register

BCM94352Z installed on ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming - WiFi and BT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think its compatible with Asus Z170I Progaming mother board or I need to do any modifications? Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Yes. However look at the photo above and notice that this solution is taller then just a m.2 replacement radio and will require that you do a little re-engineering to accommodate the added height.

Good modding,
neil

Hi, sorry I'm a bit confused (I'm fairly new to pc building/hackintosh), using BCM94360CS2 (with adapter) on z270i board will only replace the original WiFi card right, leaving other m.2 ports intact? In other words, would I still be able to use 960 evo ssd together with this? Thanks!

Last edited:
Hi, sorry I'm a bit confused (I'm fairly new to pc building/hackintosh), using BCM94360CS2 (with adapter) on z270i board will only replace the original WiFi card right, leaving other m.2 ports intact? In other words, would I still be able to use 960 evo ssd together with this? Thanks!
Yes it will replace just the wireless card on the motherboard. You will still have the other two m.2 slots for your 960 EVO’s.

Just a comment:

My current recommendation for upgrading to a compatible WiFi/BT m.2 solution is to use a MacBook Air card, part number BCM94360CS2 in an an adapter (see below):

WF.jpg

WiFi-1.jpg

WiFi-2.jpg

This configuration has installed and runs OOB on Sierra 10.12.n for both WiFi and BT on my Sky Lake and Kaby Lake mini-ITX systems.

I usually takes about a week to get these parts in hand from China (I am located in California, USA).

Good modding,
neil
can this card fit into z170i pro gaming ?

can this card fit into z170i pro gaming ?

Yes either WiFi/BT card can be used in the ASUS Z170i replacing the incompatible original. You should note that using the BCM94360CS2 with the adapter is my current recommendation but the pair of cards stand too tall to fit the original slot with the metal cards cover in place. I leave that cover off and or mod it by cutting off the top portion.

The main reason that I recommend the BCM94360CS2 is that it is OOB compatible with macOS through 10.14.1.

good modding,
neil

Yes either WiFi/BT card can be used in the ASUS Z170i replacing the incompatible original. You should note that using the BCM94360CS2 with the adapter is my current recommendation but the pair of cards stand too tall to fit the original slot with the metal cards cover in place. I leave that cover off and or mod it by cutting off the top portion.

The main reason that I recommend the BCM94360CS2 is that it is OOB compatible with macOS through 10.14.1.

good modding,
neil
thx for your reply. I have another question. I'm thinking of buying a wifi bt card to replace the original card. Do I need to buy a new adapter or can I use the original one ? do you know if the BCM94360CS2 is compatible with windows 10 ?

Last edited:
thx for your reply. I have another question. I'm thinking of buying a wifi bt card to replace the original card. Do I need to buy a new adapter or can I use the original one ? do you know if the BCM94360CS2 is compatible with windows 10 ?

You will need to pose that question to the community as I do not use Windows 10 except on one system that has a BCM94352HMB WiFi card and Win 10 does support that card. I use some Windows apps to interface to my Openbuilds CNC router, otherwise I run only macOS.

neil

BCM94360CS2 has arrived ! where can I buy the adapter ? it is necessary ?

good modding,
neil
BCM94360CS2 has arrived ! where can I buy the adapter ? it is necessary ?

Just a comment:

My current recommendation for upgrading to a compatible WiFi/BT m.2 solution is to use a MacBook Air card, part number BCM94360CS2 in an an adapter (see below):

WF.jpg

WiFi-1.jpg

WiFi-2.jpg

This configuration has installed and runs OOB on Sierra 10.12.n for both WiFi and BT on my Sky Lake and Kaby Lake mini-ITX systems.

I usually takes about a week to get these parts in hand from China (I am located in California, USA).

Good modding,
neil

Is "BCM94360CS2 + m.2 Adapter" still the best choice for motherboard of those types?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back