Contribute
Register

BCM94352Z installed on ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming - WiFi and BT

Status
Not open for further replies.
This set me off in the right direction to get it all working for me too, as follows...
  1. I removed the WiFi GO! module from my Asus z170i PRO GAMING and replaced it as per this thread using a Broadcom BCM94352Z DW1560 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN + Bluetooth 4.0 M.2 NGFF Mini Card 867Mbps, which was £28 including shipping from Hong Kong. (It has two key slots, like the stock Asus one I was replacing, but that's not important. Unsurprisingly, WiFi and Bluetooth both worked immediately in Windows.)

2. To get WiFi working I downloaded these RehabMan kexts and used KextBeast to install:
    1. FakePCIID.kext
    2. FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
  3. To get Bluetooth working I downloaded these RehabMan kexts and used KextBeast to install:
    1. BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
    2. BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
  4. To get Continuity/Handoff working I:
    1. Used Clover Configurator to set a hex patch to IOBluetoothFamily from 4885FF7447488B07 to 41BE0F000000EB44
      i8cE2bi.png

2. Downloaded wireless_bcm94352-110-v4.0c.command, opened it and selected Patch 1 (Handoff only).
Easy, once you've figured out the relevant steps! A nice little evening project. :)

Last edited:
The iPhone is not intended to be paired. You find the same on a real Apple Mac.

Can you elaborate on this? Why wouldn't the iPhone be intended to be paired? And does this apply to other smartphones, such as Android - are they not intended to be paired with OS X either? That would explain a lot.

Can you elaborate on this? Why wouldn't the iPhone be intended to be paired? And does this apply to other smartphones, such as Android - are they not intended to be paired with OS X either? That would explain a lot.

The iPhone connects via BT4LE. It will not pair, not even on a real Mac (I have an Apple MacBookAir6,2 and an iPhone 5s).

I have no experience with Android phones.

The iPhone connects via BT4LE. It will not pair, not even on a real Mac (I have an Apple MacBookAir6,2 and an iPhone 5s).

I have no experience with Android phones.

That may be what's going on with my Android phone as well. I'll have to investigate that.

There's no reason for it to pair. iOS can pair with specific profiles, e.g. for keyboards, bluetooth audio equipment, etc. But it doesn't support device-to-device file transfer. Everything it needs to do is accomplished through other methods than a permanent connection, e.g. Bluetooth LE connections on demand to support Continuity features like Hand-off, AirDrop, etc.

There's no reason for it to pair. iOS can pair with specific profiles, e.g. for keyboards, bluetooth audio equipment, etc. But it doesn't support device-to-device file transfer. Everything it needs to do is accomplished through other methods than a permanent connection, e.g. Bluetooth LE connections on demand to support Continuity features like Hand-off, AirDrop, etc.

Oh, that's a little disappointing - the reason I ever want to pair my phone with my hack is for file transfer. But there are plenty of other ways to do that (Airdroid, Pushbullet, etc.).

This set me off in the right direction to get it all working for me too, as follows...
  1. I removed the WiFi GO! module from my Asus z170i PRO GAMING and replaced it as per this thread using a Broadcom BCM94352Z DW1560 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN + Bluetooth 4.0 M.2 NGFF Mini Card 867Mbps, which was £28 including shipping from Hong Kong. (It has two key slots, like the stock Asus one I was replacing, but that's not important. Unsurprisingly, WiFi and Bluetooth both worked immediately in Windows.)

2. To get WiFi working I downloaded these RehabMan kexts and used KextBeast to install:
    1. FakePCIID.kext
    2. FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
  3. To get Bluetooth working I downloaded these RehabMan kexts and used KextBeast to install:
    1. BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
    2. BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
  4. To get Continuity/Handoff working I:
    1. Used Clover Configurator to set a hex patch to IOBluetoothFamily from 4885FF7447488B07 to 41BE0F000000EB44
      i8cE2bi.png

2. Downloaded wireless_bcm94352-110-v4.0c.command, opened it and selected Patch 1 (Handoff only).
Easy, once you've figured out the relevant steps! A nice little evening project. :)

This was incredibly helpful. Got it working without a hitch using the same card. I have to do some digging about the handoff but wifi and bluetooth are working well.

Great! Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, handoff seems iffy still for me. Works sometimes. Let let us know if you figure anything more out!

Other patches I've tried that may help too, if that doesn’t completely work:

• AirPortBrcm4360
    • To: 6B1000009090
  • AirPortBrcm4360
    • To: 66C7065553EB2B

This was veeeeery helpful. Got it all working using the same card. Handoff seems to work for me (i see my Hack on Safari iPad Pro) wifi and bluetooth are working very well. Thanks to all who contributed, esp. Neilhard and RehabMan!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back