Contribute
Register

BCM94352Z installed on ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming - WiFi and BT

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the z170 pro gaming the default bluetooth pci works, but sometimes I lost connection with the magic mouse with this card is rock solid the bluetooth ?

if you have it on Sierra, it is actually quite solid for me, I use magic trackpad2 and keyboard 2.
However, the downside is to get hand-off/applewatch unlock to work.
Handoff is unidirectional(only from mac-iphone), and applewatch unlock does not work.

And the other thing is, if you are connecting to a 2.4G wifi, your bluetooth will be laggy.

If you want something that absolutely work, but still want it to be at your m.2 slot, try this.

Last edited:
mmm do you know some adaptor bluetooth usb 100% compatible ? I am not interested on wifi connection I prefer lan

Well anyway i went ahead and tried this approach and it works out of the box, used bootcamp drivers for windows,i had to use another antenna wire as the chip is too long. i would of liked to have a ribbon cable so then i could of had the card under the motherboard and just wired it up for long term use.

i ended up reverting to the old card as i dont use those two components and it was in the way of my water cooling (case Rvz01 not displayed in images)

see images,

Very nice! I'm going to buy one of those card with M.2 adapter. The card has 3 connectors but WifiGo plate has only 2 cables. How did you connect antennas?

Last edited by a moderator:
BCM94360cs

j0 j1 j2 are the connectors

J1 (middle one) is for bluetooth antenna, the other two are for wifi,

i had J0,J2 only connected and bluetooth did not pickup my magic touchpad or mouse, but with J0,J1 connected both wifi and bluetooth works.

i plan to get 3 antenna wires, and not use the external ones, and connect these 3 to the case, like one the mac pro because the wires provided are too short.

also works in windows 10 - i have the bootcamp drivers if anyone wants them
Many thanks!

BCM94360cs

j0 j1 j2 are the connectors

J1 (middle one) is for bluetooth antenna, the other two are for wifi,

i had J0,J2 only connected and bluetooth did not pickup my magic touchpad or mouse, but with J0,J1 connected both wifi and bluetooth works.

i plan to get 3 antenna wires, and not use the external ones, and connect these 3 to the case, like one the mac pro because the wires provided are too short.

also works in windows 10 - i have the bootcamp drivers if anyone wants them

Hi! Thanks a lot for this comments. I will be buying your wifi card setup.

I thing I have the same Hardware as you have

(mobo).

I would like to ask you if you have the same GPU for some not Clover - not high resolution problems.

Also, wanted you to know that in the description I made a 100% working tutorial just for helping the z170i ones :)

Installed the BCM94352Z and now Sierra wont start. Neither from the SSD nor from an external USB Drive (Setup).
I get to the initial loading bar and it is just stuck at 1%, not moving, not giving out any errors. Safe mode not working either.

Windows is working fine, Wifi + BT working.

Updated BIOS, can boot into Sierra now. Installed the kext's, copied over the last patch from config.plist but I do not have WIFI in my settings.

Solved by applying this patch:

Name: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: 81f952aa 00007529
Replace: 81f952aa 00006690
Comment: EnableWifiBCM94352Z

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-04 um 11.08.21.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2017-07-04 um 11.08.21.png
    189.1 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
I use RehabMan's FakePCIID.kext, FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, BrcmFirmwareData.kext in S/L/E, BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext in Clover kext folder, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext

and then applied this patch:

Name: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: 81f952aa 00007529
Replace: 81f952aa 00006690
Comment: EnableWifiBCM94352Z

my bluetooth keyboard and magic trackpad is really lagging when wifi is connected to a 2.4ghz router, when using 5ghz no problem with bluetooth. Is there a patch for the bluetooth lag?

Last edited:
WiFi and Bluetooth upgrade to ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming.

Background see:

El Capitan instation guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...gaming-w-i7-6700t-35w-gtx-760-sm951-ahci.html

Also more reading here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/others/173534-neilharts-q4-z170-project-os-x.html

The ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming motherboard arrives with a non-compatible WiFi module installed in the “WiFi GO!” module as seen in the photos found in post #13 of the second link above.

The Up-Grade:

The form is m.2 with a single key slot and purchased a BCM94352Z WiFi/BT module from G.I.F.T.S LLC. on Amazon Marketplace (located in VA) for $44 with shipping.

Swapping the m.2 modules does require access to the back side of the motherboard as the ASUS “WIFI GO” module is secured to the MB with two small phillips screws.

The module:

W1.jpg

W2.jpg

Swapping bits around:

W3.jpg

W4.jpg

And not shown is a small foam spacer between the radio card and the far inside surface of the module:

W5.jpg

This bit of work does take some care and effort with a good set of tweezer to form the antenna cables and make the ufl connector attachments.

Then once the system is all back together, software needs to be added to get WiFi and BT up and happy.

As a base line I updated the system to El Capitan 10.11.4 and all updates.

I pulled over a copy of KextBeast from the downloads page.

I downloaded the latest version RehabMan’s FakePCIID zipped set of titles.

Used KextBeast to move the FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_Broarcom_WiFi.kext to S/L/E. That gets WiFi up and working.

Then after a lot of reading and a few false starts, using KextBeast, I moved copies of BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext to S/L/E. (found these files in post # 601 of: http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/1...e-into-broadcom-bluetooth-usb-devices-61.html ).

So after a reboot, I found that my system can see my iPhone but they have issues pairing. However I do have my Kensington BT mouse paired and it works very well.

System Reports:

W6.jpg

W7.jpg

As I am no expert with WiFi and BT functions, you should not ask about details not covered here. I see that there are many posts on these and related subjects which should keep anyone busy for some time.

Good modding,
neil

Also I am attaching my Clover config.plist for those that might want it.

This set me off in the right direction to get it all working for me too, as follows...
  1. I removed the WiFi GO! module from my Asus z170i PRO GAMING and replaced it as per this thread using a Broadcom BCM94352Z DW1560 802.11a/b/g/n/ac WLAN + Bluetooth 4.0 M.2 NGFF Mini Card 867Mbps, which was £28 including shipping from Hong Kong. (It has two key slots, like the stock Asus one I was replacing, but that's not important. Unsurprisingly, WiFi and Bluetooth both worked immediately in Windows.)
  2. To get WiFi working I downloaded these RehabMan kexts and used KextBeast to install:
    1. FakePCIID.kext
    2. FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
  3. To get Bluetooth working I downloaded these RehabMan kexts and used KextBeast to install:
    1. BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
    2. BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext
  4. To get Continuity/Handoff working I:
    1. Used Clover Configurator to set a hex patch to IOBluetoothFamily from 4885FF7447488B07 to 41BE0F000000EB44
      i8cE2bi.png

2. Downloaded wireless_bcm94352-110-v4.0c.command, opened it and selected Patch 1 (Handoff only).
Easy, once you've figured out the relevant steps! A nice little evening project. :)

I just wanna confirm this replacement operation by neilhart,
i did this yesterday, wifi and bt works fine,
big thanks to neilhart, good modding guys...
-----
wnZmV7l.jpg
Do you know if Airplay/mirror works with this Wifi card? Any other recommendations if at all?

Do you know if Airplay/mirror works with this Wifi card? Any other recommendations if at all?

Just a comment:

My current recommendation for upgrading to a compatible WiFi/BT m.2 solution is to use a MacBook Air card, part number BCM94360CS2 in an an adapter (see below):

WF.jpg

WiFi-1.jpg

WiFi-2.jpg

This configuration has installed and runs OOB on Sierra 10.12.n for both WiFi and BT on my Sky Lake and Kaby Lake mini-ITX systems.

I usually takes about a week to get these parts in hand from China (I am located in California, USA).

Good modding,
neil

Last edited:
Just a comment:

My current recommendation for upgrading to a compatible WiFi/BT m.2 solution is to use a MacBook Air card, part number BCM94360CS2 in an an adapter (see below):

WF.jpg

WiFi-1.jpg

WiFi-2.jpg

This configuration has installed and runs OOB on Sierra 10.12.n for both WiFi and BT on my Sky Lake and Kaby Lake mini-ITX systems.

I usually takes about a week to get these parts in hand from China (I am located in California, USA).

Good modding,
neil
Do you think its compatible with Asus Z170I Progaming mother board or I need to do any modifications? Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back