Contribute
Register

BCM94352Z installed on ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming - WiFi and BT

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I test unknown items, I clone my OS to a scratch drive and make the clone standalone bootable and remove my other drives from the system. This removes (or at least, greatly reduces) the risk of borking my system.

Good modding,
neil
any idea how to get the 5ghz working?

if I do this below will that fix my 5ghz issue?

BCM94352 5 GHz/Handoff Patch (10.12+)
Credit: the-darkvoid

1. Clover/kext patch
    1. Download config-bcm94352-... (select View Raw)
    2. Paste 3 Patches to config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch

if I do this below will that fix my 5ghz issue?

BCM94352 5 GHz/Handoff Patch (10.12+)
Credit: the-darkvoid

1. Clover/kext patch
    1. Download config-bcm94352-... (select View Raw)
    2. Paste 3 Patches to config.plist/KernelAndKextPatches/KextsToPatch

I do not know. I suggest a test environment be used where your production drives are set aside while you experiment with other combinations of kexts and patches.

I have observed that Apple has jacked around with the OS so much that what worked with one version may not work with the next. I do not have the time or interest in chasing fixes for functions that I don't use.

Good luck, keep notes and share the specifics of what works with what for your system.

neil

I do not know. I suggest a test environment be used where your production drives are set aside while you experiment with other combinations of kexts and patches.

I have observed that Apple has jacked around with the OS so much that what worked with one version may not work with the next. I do not have the time or interest in chasing fixes for functions that I don't use.

Good luck, keep notes and share the specifics of what works with what for your system.

neil

All good I did a clean install with 10.12.3 an all I did was install all the 4 kext and added those two add ones in teh config file and boom!! everything worked bluetooth and 5ghz!! so must have been some dodgy stuff or something that may have caused it but yeah everything works handover airdrop all teh icloud stuff airplay works but airplay mirroing is teh only thing not working but its one thing all the hardware works and its a fully functionaly mac with out a doubt :)

I am pleased that you have success.

What device do you use for your WiFi network; Apple AirPort Express or other?

Good modding,
neil

I am pleased that you have success.

What device do you use for your WiFi network; Apple AirPort Express or other?

Good modding,
neil
do you mean in the config file setup or just in general?

do you mean in the config file setup or just in general?

I am curious about your WiFi test environment. The WiFi Router/Access Point is of interest. The question is what equipment are you using and what are the specifications such as 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and do you really set up a 5 GHz network?

Good modding,
neil

I am curious about your WiFi test environment. The WiFi Router/Access Point is of interest. The question is what equipment are you using and what are the specifications such as 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac and do you really set up a 5 GHz network?

Good modding,
neil
I use an Apple Time Capsule, you can separate the 2.4ghz network and 5ghz into 2 separate networks on a time capsule that is how I know the 5ghz is working because it sees the 5ghz network this time round. instead of just the 2.4ghz
I have 2 networks mainly because I only want devices running 5ghz to access the 5ghz band and the rest just 2.4ghz.
fortuatly there aren't many 2.4ghz devices left on my network so I may kill off my 2.4ghz network completely and just have a 5ghz network.

network is a 802.11AC only network I disables all other options N and below because there is no need all my devices support AC.

I use an Apple Time Capsule, you can separate the 2.4ghz network and 5ghz into 2 separate networks on a time capsule that is how I know the 5ghz is working because it sees the 5ghz network this time round. instead of just the 2.4ghz
I have 2 networks mainly because I only want devices running 5ghz to access the 5ghz band and the rest just 2.4ghz.
fortuatly there aren't many 2.4ghz devices left on my network so I may kill off my 2.4ghz network completely and just have a 5ghz network.

network is a 802.11AC only network I disables all other options N and below because there is no need all my devices support AC.

Okay I understand and applaud your efforts here with the BCM94532Z and your results. I need to take the time to look at my linksys router and see if I have it setup correctly... and maybe upgrade.

Good modding,
neil

I have the z170 pro gaming the default bluetooth pci works, but sometimes I lost connection with the magic mouse with this card is rock solid the bluetooth ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back