Contribute
Register

BCM94352Z installed on ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming - WiFi and BT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry i got pretty confused by all these different patches and kexts in this thread. I have the BCM94352Z (the same Lenovo model as the thread-starter) and Asus z170i running sierra 10.12.2

Which patches should i use to get the card working?

Thank you for your reply!

So to summarize that (sorry its really hard to get all this; soo much information here! you guys are really hard-working :) )

1.) apply the latest FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, FakePCIID.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to S/L/E with KextBeast.

2.) copy 10.11-BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot-lisai9093 and 10.12-BCM94352-5GHz-US-FCC-darkvoid with PlistEdit to my clover/config.plist. (will that work? the different syntax confuses me)

3.) simply copy and paste the following code after "<key>KextsToPatch</key><array>" to my clover/config.plist.

Code:
<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string>
    <key>Disabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data>
</dict>

Did I get everything right? Especially Nr 2?

edit: Just installed the FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, FakePCIID.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and the fcvo patch. Everything worked fine! I now have wifi and bluetooth working nicely! Was a bit too scared to use the Handoff Patch too. Maybe someone could tell me if I get this right before I apply it. Thanks so much so far! :)

Last edited:
Thank you for your reply!

So to summarize that (sorry its really hard to get all this; soo much information here! you guys are really hard-working :) )

1.) apply the latest FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, FakePCIID.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext to S/L/E with KextBeast.

2.) copy 10.11-BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot-lisai9093 and 10.12-BCM94352-5GHz-US-FCC-darkvoid with PlistEdit to my clover/config.plist. (will that work? the different syntax confuses me)

3.) simply copy and paste the following code after "<key>KextsToPatch</key><array>" to my clover/config.plist.

Code:
<dict>
    <key>Comment</key>
    <string>AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo</string>
    <key>Disabled</key>
    <false/>
    <key>Find</key>
    <data>gflSqgAAdSk=</data>
    <key>Name</key>
    <string>AirPortBrcm4360</string>
    <key>Replace</key>
    <data>gflSqgAAZpA=</data>
</dict>

Did I get everything right? Especially Nr 2?

edit: Just installed the FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, FakePCIID.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and the fcvo patch. Everything worked fine! I now have wifi and bluetooth working nicely! Was a bit too scared to use the Handoff Patch too. Maybe someone could tell me if I get this right before I apply it. Thanks so much so far! :)

Best to use a plist editor (Xcode or PlistEditPro) instead of text editor when editing your config.plist. Otherwise be careful.
The handoff patch can be added for limited handoff/hotspot support.

Okey thanks! I used PlistEditPro. So for the handoff patch the different Syntax does not matter when using PlistEditPro? That totally confused me.

What do you mean by "different Syntax"?

What do you mean by "different Syntax"?

the config config-bcm94352-120.plist looks like this:
Code:
        KextsToPatch =         (
                        {
                Comment = "10.12-BCM94352-5GHz-US-FCC-darkvoid";
                Find = <81f952aa 00007529>;
                Name = AirPortBrcm4360;
                Replace = <81f952aa 00006690>;
            },

I did a stupid mistake yesterday. I confused my bluetooth dongle with my Wacom wireless dongle. So Bluetooth only worked with my usb bluetooth dongle instead of the Broadcom card. Any Ideas?

So far I applied the latest FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, FakePCIID.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and the fcvo patch. Systeminformation does not find any Bluetooth devices.

edit: also installed the brcmfirmwarerepo.kext to s/l/e.. no difference
edit2: tried the brcmnonpatchram2.kext as well...
do I need the usbinject all too?

Last edited:
the config config-bcm94352-120.plist looks like this:
Code:
        KextsToPatch =         (
                        {
                Comment = "10.12-BCM94352-5GHz-US-FCC-darkvoid";
                Find = <81f952aa 00007529>;
                Name = AirPortBrcm4360;
                Replace = <81f952aa 00006690>;
            },

I did a stupid mistake yesterday. I confused my bluetooth dongle with my Wacom wireless dongle. So Bluetooth only worked with my usb bluetooth dongle instead of the Broadcom card. Any Ideas?

So far I applied the latest FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext, FakePCIID.kext, BrcmPatchRAM2.kext and the fcvo patch. Systeminformation does not find any Bluetooth devices.

edit: also installed the brcmfirmwarerepo.kext to s/l/e.. no difference
edit2: tried the brcmnonpatchram2.kext as well...
do I need the usbinject all too?

Always use a plist editor (Xcode or PlistEdit Pro) and use copy/paste.

Always use a plist editor (Xcode or PlistEdit Pro) and use copy/paste.

Thank you! copied the handoff patches to config.plist now with plistedit...

I did everything mentioned in the guide (and in every other guide I could find) but bluetooth is still not working. I'm absolutely clueless :(

Thank you! copied the handoff patches to config.plist now with plistedit...

I did everything mentioned in the guide (and in every other guide I could find) but bluetooth is still not working. I'm absolutely clueless :(

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back