CPU
i7-4790K
Graphics
GTX960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everybody hope everyone is having a great day.

So I have a Dell i15-7558 (Details on profile and signature) it had a intel wifi card so I replaced it with the famous Dell DW1560 card AKA BCM94352Z.

I managed to get it to work by installing the following kexts:
FakeSMC.kext
FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
FakePCIID.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

And by applying the following patch
eg. in KextsToPatch:
Comment: AirPortBrcm4360 - fcvo, 10.12.x (credit the-darkvoid)
MatchOS: 10.12.x
Name: AirPortBrcm4360
Find: <81f952aa 00007529>
Replace: <81f952aa 00006690>

Everything works, Wifi Bluetooth and continuity and handoff altho with caveats.

I use a apple Magic Mouse most of the time and I noticed when im doing "network intensive tasks" like streaming music or watching video the mouse becomes very unresponsive, and sometimes it does that randomly, I know it is related to wifi because if I turn off wifi it works normally.

I have done some research on the topic but have not found something relevant, some topics say that Is related to connecting ti a 2.4ghz network and connecting to a 5ghz one solved it, but I don't have e 5ghz network to test this, and most wifi where I go is 2.4ghz.

I also found a topic talking about deactivating "Wifi Bluetooth colaboration" on windows task manager to solve this problem (of course if you have this problem on windows) so im here thinking that there might be something like that on macOS as well.

im attaching my DSDT and stuff here as well.

If there is known solution to this problem or someone know what can I try to do for fix it I would be glad to try it.

Attachments

• Post.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 195

So I have a Dell i15-7558 (Details on profile and signature) it had a intel wifi card so I replaced it with the famous Dell DW1560 card AKA BCM94352Z.

FakeSMC.kext
FakePCIID.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

eg. in KextsToPatch:

I use a apple Magic Mouse most of the time and I noticed when im doing "network intensive tasks" like streaming music or watching video the mouse becomes very unresponsive, and sometimes it does that randomly, I know it is related to wifi because if I turn off wifi it works normally.

I have done some research on the topic but have not found something relevant, some topics say that Is related to connecting ti a 2.4ghz network and connecting to a 5ghz one solved it, but I don't have e 5ghz network to test this, and most wifi where I go is 2.4ghz.

I also found a topic talking about deactivating "Wifi Bluetooth colaboration" on windows task manager to solve this problem (of course if you have this problem on windows) so im here thinking that there might be something like that on macOS as well.

If there is known solution to this problem or someone know what can I try to do for fix it I would be glad to try it.

Probably 2.4ghz WiFi is interfering with bluetooth.
Use 5ghz.

That's my guess. It is quite typical.

got it, ill have to upgrade my router then.

Also since we are on the subject, I noticed that some continuity features take a while to sync like universal clipboard, and making calls from FaceTime doesn't work but I can recite calls on the Mac. do you think it might be related to the interference issue, or there are something else I can try?

got it, ill have to upgrade my router then.

Also since we are on the subject, I noticed that some continuity features take a while to sync like universal clipboard, and making calls from FaceTime doesn't work but I can recite calls on the Mac. do you think it might be related to the interference issue, or there are something else I can try?

No idea. I don't really use those features.

FakeSMC.kext
FakePCIID.kext
BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

eg. in KextsToPatch:

In my case I had lag problems using my Apple Magic Bluetooth Mouse on my hackintosh. The solution that solved my problem was to unplug the bluetooth dongle from behind the computer and plug it into the right side of the Apple USB keyboard (which has a USB port on each side and is close to the mouse). For me it was enough to solve my lag problem. The conclusion I got was that if you leave the dongle as close to your mouse as possible you will avoid lag. I hope I help.

100% solved in my case.

I activated 5ghz network, now mouse and bt audio is smooth as butter.

Same here, I have DW1560 its work well on my Lenovo Z40. but my new laptop dell 7572 when I'm playing music with Bluetooth speaker and try to make internet speed test, my sound laggy. if want to try to replace with DW1830 but with same wifi 2.4ghz will it fix this issue?

Same here, I have DW1560 its work well on my Lenovo Z40. but my new laptop dell 7572 when I'm playing music with Bluetooth speaker and try to make internet speed test, my sound laggy. if want to try to replace with DW1830 but with same wifi 2.4ghz will it fix this issue?

It might improve but there is no denying that using 2.4ghz WiFi interferes with Bluetooth.

I can be testimony of that, I have upgraded to a real MacBook Pro with retina mid 2015 15 inch and if I’m using the Magic Mouse + beatsX earbuds on a 2.4ghz network the mouse lags sometimes, and the song skips if I there is too much “mouse action” and connecting to 5ghz fixes everything.

The issue is not as bad as it was on my hackintosh though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back