Contribute
Register

BCM94352HMB kext freezes system. Any solution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you again, RehabMan. Your FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext+FakePCIID.kext works great without GenericUSBXHCI.kext. Many thanks.
However, even though I removed GenericUSBXHCI.kext, my system still freezes when I turn on and use Wi-Fi.
(For your information, I attached the kext which I use for BCM94352 Wi-Fi.)

Do a fresh install.

I tried to review your guide to patch DSDT and SSDTs. Unfortunately, it is quite difficult to me since I don't have enough programming knowledge. I can catch up until extracting native ACPI files with Linux. As you gave me the way, I made bootable ubuntu USB, and then extract tables. And then, I changed the names such that they have an .aml extension. Finally, I disassembled ACPI files, and I attached the files here. I can follow your guide up to here, but I don't have any idea on further process.

If you don't mind, can you patch my DSDT and SSDTs? If so, please let me know what I should do for you. Thank you in advance, and hope to hear good news from you.

Remove contents of Device (FAPP). Yosemite won't use/need it anyway.

Code:
into device label FAPP replace_content begin //nothing end;

Then patch with "Fix _PLD Buffer/Package Error"

Result: DSDT.dsl compiles with zero errors. Now you can proceed to make further patches.

Do a fresh install.

Remove contents of Device (FAPP). Yosemite won't use/need it anyway.

Code:
into device label FAPP replace_content begin //nothing end;

Thank you, RehabMan. Can I just copy and paste above code in the patch text as is? I mean that should I also include "//nothing" ?

Thank you, RehabMan. Can I just copy and paste above code in the patch text as is? I mean that should I also include "//nothing" ?

As-is. I always include a comment like //nothing to convey that I intend to replace it with nothing.

As-is. I always include a comment like //nothing to convey that I intend to replace it with nothing.

Thank you, RehabMan. I am trying to patch the DSDT file. Your guide is very helpful for me. So, what I did are common patches, patches for patched AppleHDA, igpu, and AC adapter fix. (For battery patch, patch for my laptop model is not in your repo.)

However, I have another error. I found that the layoutid of my patched AppleHDA is 269. So, before I apply your Audio Layout 12 patch, I changed the number '12' to '269'. Then, I MaciASL shows the error code 4096 and message "value above valid range 0x0-0xFF".
How can I solve this issue?

For your information, I attached my patching DSDT and patched AppleHDA.kext

Attachments

• kkskksdsdt_applehda.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 84
Thank you, RehabMan. I am trying to patch the DSDT file. Your guide is very helpful for me. So, what I did are common patches, patches for patched AppleHDA, igpu, and AC adapter fix. (For battery patch, patch for my laptop model is not in your repo.)

AC adapter fix is deprecated, not needed with current ACPIBatteryManager.kext.

However, I have another error. I found that the layoutid of my patched AppleHDA is 269. So, before I apply your Audio Layout 12 patch, I changed the number '12' to '269'.

You have to use the second byte.

The number 12 as a 32-bit number is encoded as bytes: { 0x0c, 0, 0, 0 } ... or you can write { 12, 0, 0, 0 }

The number 269 takes two bytes as it is larger than 255.

So 269 (0x10d) encoded as 32-bit number in Intel byte order: { 0x0d, 0x01, 0, 0 }

AC adapter fix is deprecated, not needed with current ACPIBatteryManager.kext.

You have to use the second byte.

The number 12 as a 32-bit number is encoded as bytes: { 0x0c, 0, 0, 0 } ... or you can write { 12, 0, 0, 0 }

The number 269 takes two bytes as it is larger than 255.

So 269 (0x10d) encoded as 32-bit number in Intel byte order: { 0x0d, 0x01, 0, 0 }

I did everything what you suggested. I patched the DSDT. (Remove contents of device, "Fix _PLD Buffer/Package Error", Common patches in your guide, AppleHDA, Brightness fix(HD3000/4000), HD4000 Low resolution, Rename B0D3 to HDAU, Rename GFX0 to IGPU, 7-series USB3 Multiplex, and 7-series/8-series USB)

And, all of my SSDTs looks like CPU-related, so I just put patched DSDT under Clover/ACPI/Patched.

After re-install Yosemite with Clover, one more issue came out. I got something like kernel panic randomly. It shows the JPG file which I attached here, and then restart the computer itself. Sometimes I got kernel panic 3 or 4 times in a row, then 4th or 5th booting succeeded. I did nothing to fix that panic though. Sometimes, there is no such kernel panic.

More importantly, my system still freezes when I turn on and use BCM94352's Wi-Fi. When I just use USB wifi adapter rather than BCM94352 (i.e. I use USB wifi adapter and turn off the BCM94352's wifi), there is no issue. My system is stable with using USB wifi adapter and turning off BCM94352's wifi. I don't know what should I do next for using BCM94352 in my laptop.

For your information, I attached here my patched DSDT, config.plist, kexts what I use under clover/kexts/10.10, and the JPG file of printed screen when I got kernel panic.
I installed patched AppleHDA and HDAenabler under S/L/E.

Thank you in advance.

Attachments

• kernel_panic.jpg
    kernel_panic.jpg
    634.7 KB · Views: 97
  • config.plist
    10 KB · Views: 230
  • DSDT.aml
    33.2 KB · Views: 101
  • clover:kexts:10.10.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 82
Post native DSDT/SSDTs (eg. Clover/ACPI/origin).

Post EFI/Clover folder.

Post native DSDT/SSDTs (eg. Clover/ACPI/origin).

Post EFI/Clover folder.

I used linux to get native DSDT/SSDTs as you suggested in your guide. So, I attached here that one and Clover folder in EFI partition. Is it right what you want?

Thank you very much and hope to hear good news from you.

Attachments

• nativeDSDTSSDT.zip
    17.9 KB · Views: 83
  • Clover.zip
    4.7 MB · Views: 107
I used linux to get native DSDT/SSDTs as you suggested in your guide. So, I attached here that one and Clover folder in EFI partition. Is it right what you want?

Thank you very much and hope to hear good news from you.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

--

Very strange you have non-Intel USB3 patches when using ig-platform-id 0x01660003. That ig-platform-id implies you have HD4000, which has natively supported Intel XHCI.

Also, why is AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in Clover/kexts/10.10? No patch to this kext is necessary, and all kexts should be in /S/L/E anyway.

Also, no sense in using FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and the "multiplex" DSDT patch.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

--

Very strange you have non-Intel USB3 patches when using ig-platform-id 0x01660003. That ig-platform-id implies you have HD4000, which has natively supported Intel XHCI.

Also, why is AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext in Clover/kexts/10.10? No patch to this kext is necessary, and all kexts should be in /S/L/E anyway.

Also, no sense in using FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext and the "multiplex" DSDT patch.

Okay. Here is my system info.

System: Hansung U33X (Clover)
CPU: i5-3327u/HM76

--

So, I deleted non-Intel USB3 patches, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, and the "multiplex" DSDT patch.

However, BCM94352 still freezes my system. As I said earlier, if I do not use BCM94352 and do use USB Wi-Fi, then my system is stable. Can you let me know my next step to fix this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back