CPU
i5-5200U
Graphics
HD 5500
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hi,

I have replaced my wifi card some months ago with the BCM94352HMB card (Azureware AW-CE123H).
It works well, but I can't get my Handoff and Continuity to work. I successfully got 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz Wifi, Bluetooth and Airdrop to work.

The tools I used to get everything working:

For Bluetooth: BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext + BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + Handoff patch by wireless_bcm94352-110-v4.0c.command (it shows as supported, but doesn't work).

For Wifi: FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext (not loaded) + 5Ghz Patch from wireless_bcm94352-110-v4.0c.command + Country code from wireless_bcm94352-110-v4.0c.command (Country code is DE since I live in Germany).

Both of my devices (my iPod touch 6 and Custom Mac) are logged in to the same iCloud account, I even tried my second account, but no luck. Handoff is enabled on both devices.

I attached some screenshots of System Information app about bluetooth and wifi hardware together with my clover folder and a copy of IOReg.

Bildschirmfoto_2016_08_16_um_21_24_06.png

Bildschirmfoto_2016_08_16_um_21_24_16.png

Bildschirmfoto_2016_08_16_um_21_24_24.png

Attachments

• MacBook Pro.ioreg
    4.6 MB · Views: 343
Last edited:
Hi,

I have replaced my wifi card some months ago with the BCM94352HMB card (Azureware AW-CE123H).
It works well, but I can't get my Handoff and Continuity to work. I successfully got 2,4Ghz and 5Ghz Wifi, Bluetooth and Airdrop to work.

The tools I used to get everything working:

For Bluetooth: BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext + BrcmPatchRAM2.kext + Handoff patch by wireless_bcm94352-110-v4.0c.command (it shows as supported, but doesn't work).

For Wifi: FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext (not loaded) + 5Ghz Patch from wireless_bcm94352-110-v4.0c.command + Country code from wireless_bcm94352-110-v4.0c.command (Country code is DE since I live in Germany).

Both of my devices (my iPod touch 6 and Custom Mac) are logged in to the same iCloud account, I even tried my second account, but no luck. Handoff is enabled on both devices.

I attached some screenshots of System Information app about bluetooth and wifi hardware together with my clover folder and a copy of IOReg.

Bildschirmfoto_2016_08_16_um_21_24_06.png

Bildschirmfoto_2016_08_16_um_21_24_16.png

Bildschirmfoto_2016_08_16_um_21_24_24.png

Screen shots are not readable.

You should make sure the country code matches your networking hardware.

Screen shots are not readable.

You should make sure the country code matches your networking hardware.
Oh sorry for the screenshot problem, I attached them as an attachment with this post.

How do I find out which country code my network hardware has? Is there any tool that I can use to find that out (OS X or Windows)? Before I applied the 5GHz and country code patch it showed me XT as country code.

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2016-08-16 um 21.24.06.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-08-16 um 21.24.06.png
    184.9 KB · Views: 507
  • Bildschirmfoto 2016-08-16 um 21.24.16.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-08-16 um 21.24.16.png
    119.3 KB · Views: 464
  • Bildschirmfoto 2016-08-16 um 21.24.24.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2016-08-16 um 21.24.24.png
    154.7 KB · Views: 451
  • CLOVER.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 153
How did you find out the country code of your wifi card?

I use US/FCC as I'm in the US and have networking hardware sold for use in the US.

I use US/FCC as I'm in the US and have networking hardware sold for use in the US.
It pretty much seems I have a Wifi card that is used for germany, because looking at the wifi card itself there seems to be the german address of the Hewlett Packard head quarter on it (see attached picture). I also tried using other country codes, US and GB, but both of them don't work (not even Airdrop). Using DE ("Deutschland", german word for germany) as country code, Airdrop is working again but still no Handoff. But it could also be, that the problem is that my iPod is on iOS10 and my Hack on 10.11.6 or there is some kind of problem with my iCloud. I will try the Handoff patches with the Sierra Public Beta and see if that makes any difference.

Attachments

• IMG_0260.JPG
    IMG_0260.JPG
    1.8 MB · Views: 513
It pretty much seems I have a Wifi card that is used for germany, because looking at the wifi card itself there seems to be the german address of the Hewlett Packard head quarter on it (see attached picture). I also tried using other country codes, US and GB, but both of them don't work (not even Airdrop). Using DE ("Deutschland", german word for germany) as country code, Airdrop is working again but still no Handoff. But it could also be, that the problem is that my iPod is on iOS10 and my Hack on 10.11.6 or there is some kind of problem with my iCloud. I will try the Handoff patches with the Sierra Public Beta and see if that makes any difference.

You should log out of iCloud on all your devices, then log back in one at a time...

Note: Handoff is not very reliable.

You should log out of iCloud on all your devices, then log back in one at a time...

Note: Handoff is not very reliable.

I updated to Sierra, but Handoff still didn't work. Using a different iCloud account, Handoff works partially with US as country code. My iPod can continue where my Hack stopped, but not the other way around. Do you know this problem?

I updated to Sierra, but Handoff still didn't work. Using a different iCloud account, Handoff works partially with US as country code. My iPod can continue where my Hack stopped, but not the other way around. Do you know this problem?

Is it enabled in System Infomation->Bluetooth?

Attach ioreg as ZIP: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

Provide output (in Terminal):
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
kextstat|grep -y applelpc
kextstat|grep -y applehda

Attach EFI/Clover folder as ZIP (press F4 at main Clover screen before collecting). Please eliminate 'themes' directory. Provide only EFI/Clover, not the entire EFI folder.

Attach output of (in Terminal):
Code:
sudo touch /System/Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Compress all files as ZIP. Do not use external links. Attach all files using site attachments only.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back