Contribute
Register

BCM94350ZAE/DW1820A only 802.11n wifi and no bluetooth devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the detailed post! Clean build by the way!

I was looking at the BCM94360CS2 with adapter too but I don't think it will fit in my ASUS N580VD. They're super cheap on Aliexpress!

View attachment 404700

Space is limited, so I guess the safest option would be DW1560?
Thanks @denisuu The Loque almost looks like a Mac and even feels like one. Expensive but the aluminum and overall feel is something I haven't seen on PC parts before.

An yes, something like DW1560 your only option I guess with that limited room. The adapter solution will never work in laptops. I have ordered a DW1560 for my ThinkPad X1 Carbon also!

Would you guys recommend buying this card or a DW1560 or DW1830?
clearly DW1560! All others might need an additional SSDT which needs to be custom-made for your particular hardware.

clearly DW1560! All others might need an additional SSDT which needs to be custom-made for your particular hardware.

My card arrived yesterday I ordered it as a new DW1560 BCM94352Z 06XRYC but the one that arrived is BCM94352ZAE so that's a DW1820A so I'll return it... It was 40 EUR so quite a lot for a card that doesn't work that well... The DW1560 seems to be quite hard to find now a days.

The DW1820A is an alternative and not difficult to get to work. But they are 10-15 euro on ebay. The DW1560 I paid euro and is a much better card. You could also try a Lenovo BCM94352Z FRU 04X6020 which is the same chip and I waiting for a couple of these to test. Seems they have a good reputation and much cheaper than the DW1560. Also the DW1830 has 3 antennas and you probably only have 2? Just wish I could use the Intel CNVi card since it was impressing in Windows.

I have looked at the Lenovo one. It won't fit, it doesn't have the same 2 slids as Dell's DW1560. I suppose you could just make the slid but I'd rather not.

Yea I only have 2 antenna's.

I have looked at the Lenovo one. It won't fit, it doesn't have the same 2 slids as Dell's DW1560. I suppose you could just make the slid but I'd rather not.

Yea I only have 2 antenna's.
Strange because it fits in my PCIx1 slot. The DW1560 has 2 notches and the Lenovo has 1 but the middle notch is the same.
pcie.jpg

Strange because it fits in my PCIx1 slot. The DW1560 has 2 notches and the Lenovo has 1 but the middle notch is the same.

You sir, are right!

I double checked and my slot is the same as yours. The description on one of the Lenovo DW1560's said it didn't fit in Dell, Asus etc... laptops. I'll just order one like that then.

Thank you sir!

You sir, are right!

I double checked and my slot is the same as yours. The description on one of the Lenovo DW1560's said it didn't fit in Dell, Asus etc... laptops. I'll just order one like that then.

Thank you sir!
No problem!
Hope your wifi cable is long enough since both these cards have connector on each side of the screw hole while your original card has connectors close to the cable.

No problem!
Hope your wifi cable is long enough since both these cards have connector on each side of the screw hole while your original card has connectors close to the cable.

I'll have to extend the cable anyway. Yesterday when I tried to switch the cables around I ripped the connector of the DW1820A luckily the pads on the board were still ok, so I just soldered the cable straight to the board. Only when I ripped the pad off I realised it was not a wiring problem but a DW1820A instead of a DW1560.

IMG_20190529_205202.jpeg

This morning I salvaged a u.fl connector from a broken laptop in my basement and soldered it back on the board luckily it still works and I'll be able to return it!

Now I do have to solder another connector to the cable too though.

I ordered the Lenovo BCM94352Z FRU 04X6020 on Ali for 23EUR. (This order, like all other DW1560 orders got cancelled)

Last edited:
ouch - nightmare. Hope you succeed in the end. BUT: the Lenovo BCM94352Z FRU 04X6020 and the Dell DW1560 are NOT the same cards hardware-wise, even if they might have "the same" chip. I know that for sure because I put the 04X6020 inside my Asus Vivobook and need to use modified and older kext versions than the people with the same Laptop + the Dell DW1560....

So @denisuu please correct the "Lenovo DW1560" to "Lenovo BCM94352Z FRU 04X6020" because that's how unnecessary confusion/ rumors/ wrong information starts. Thanks buddy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back