Contribute
Register

BCM94350ZAE/DW1820A only 802.11n wifi and no bluetooth devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP ProBook 440 G3. Wi-fi replaced with DW1820a. OS X El Capitan.
Wi-fi is working OOB.
Used USBInjectAll and built SSDT-UAIC.aml (Bluetooth is on HS07, set type 0xff like in original MacBook Pro).
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext in L/E.
Bluetooth appeared.
But Bluetooth was unstable and lagged like hell on connected AirPods when playing streamed music from internet via wi-fi.
Magic Mouse lagged too.

Occasionally changed SMBIOS to MacBookAir 5,1 and now bluetoth is stable and flawless. Even connects to AirPods automatically after reboot.

Hope this will help.
Hey man, I have a Latitude e7450 and the 1820a. However I previously only had a desktop hackintosh with unibeast which was pretty easy to setup so I'm new to compiling etc. What do you mean by building your SSDT-UAIC.aml and setting the bluetooth to HS07?
Everything else I can follow.
Thanks!

Hi guys I had the same problem. I ordered BCM94350ZAE (DW 1820A) card from China of course but i get something weird.

Card id is 43a3 but model number is for BCM94356ZEPA50DX_2 from other side DW 1820A.
I don't know what I should treat this card BCM94350ZAE (id: 43a3) or BCM94356ZEPA50DX_2 (id: 43ec).

So either way 5G and bluetooth not working.

I saw RehabMan post that BCM94356 is not supported.

Check your card may be some kind of fake.

Attachments

• BCM94350ZAE.jpg
    BCM94350ZAE.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 293
Last edited:
[QUOTE...I think I may have figured out how to survive updates too I'm just waiting on a system update before putting it out but yea the kext is vanilla just taken straight from Yosemite and installed in Mojave. Did your bluetooth work too?[/QUOTE]
Yep... BT It's buggy sometimes but it works.
Your build restarts too? I'm starting to experience it at random times...

Yep... BT It's buggy sometimes but it works.
Your build restarts too? I'm starting to experience it at random times...
We have probably the same issue...

Yea try it out on a fresh build maybe that's the difference because its been perfect on mine
What about your Bluetooth? Mine is failing to connect after sleep and sometimes also after normal start up

I fixed the process find my just before this one and download the new archive and follow the directions delete all the old kexts you installed first (Should be the bluetooth kexts and the IO80211Famil.kext) I also included kext for bluetooth. You can just delete the kexts then install the new ones and when you're done you reboot.
God bless ya!
It's working perfect now, no reboots whatsoever.
Now I'm working to fix my bluetooth.

Hi guys.. Another solution that I found out was to modify the Mojave 4360 kext, adding in its entries of "IONameMatch" = "pci14e4,43a3" to load the driver for this card.
In order for this to work I deleted the new drivers, AirPortBrcmNIC.kext and AirPortBrcmNIC-MFG.kext found in S/L/E and within the IO802 kext.
Remember update caches..

With this card, all is experimentation, but I love it...
Keep me posted if someone find it useful and your experience..

Hi guys.. Another solution that I found out was to modify the Mojave 4360 kext, adding in its entries of "IONameMatch" = "pci14e4,43a3" to load the driver for this card.
In order for this to work I deleted the new drivers, AirPortBrcmNIC.kext and AirPortBrcmNIC-MFG.kext found in S/L/E and within the IO802 kext.
Remember update caches..

With this card, all is experimentation, but I love it...
Keep me posted if someone find it useful and your experience..
yep this is working perfectly for me, full speed, ac

yep this is working perfectly for me, full speed, ac
Are you experiencing some kind of slowdown of your build in general using this patch?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back