Contribute
Register

BCM94350ZAE/DW1820A only 802.11n wifi and no bluetooth devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah that was my bad advice - was just looking at Mac OS version patches - didn’t check model -
My bad!
it was my fault because I did not tell you the model, sorry about that

because I thought it will make my 5Ghz band work and my bluetooth. So for the Bluetooth I need the USB injection, I'll try this asap. But what would I need to do to get the 5GHz band work? I've swapped antennas and checked everything and remains without 5GHz

Yes , Bluetooth requires USB.
make sure your Bluetooth device show up in your USB ports first.

Then go ahead with brcmfirmwarerepo.kext BrcmPatchRAM2.kext
In L/E

This will not affect wifi operation .

It seems that this Bcm94350/Dw1820 is not that easy for Hackintosh
Weird because one might expect it should work natively with Mac OS (bcm94350 was apparently used in MacBook 12” retina 2015).

The Dw1820 was the stock wifi/BT in dell laptop XPS 13 model 9350 -
I have read a couple of people with dell XPS 13 -Hackintosh giving up trying to make it work and replacing the DW1820 with a DW1560 (BCM94352z) - which worked more easily to get wifi working properly (using Kext and patches for BCM94352z as in guide)

I have a DW1820 lying spare will try out, making it work in my Z170 build.
Let you know.

In L/E

Weird because one might expect it should work natively with Mac OS (bcm94350 was apparently used in MacBook 12” retina 2015).

I have read a couple of people with dell XPS 13 -Hackintosh giving up trying to make it work and replacing the DW1820 with a DW1560 (BCM94352z) - which worked more easily to get wifi working properly (using Kext and patches for BCM94352z as in guide)

Let you know.
I had a DW1560 in another PC working flawless on WiFi, but Bluetooth is not stable at all (and I need it so bad).

Purchasing the DW1820A was like giving a new try to this card that was supposed to work natively. If only the bluetooth works 100% then I'm happy. Activating the 5GHz band may be a matter of time, because the 2.4GHz band is working without doing nothing.

I will continue searching for a solution. These days I'll inject all USB's and then I'll try to activate the BT. If you find something about the 5GHz just let us know, I really appreciate all your help. Thank you!

In L/E

Let you know.
Aaaaaand I think that Macbook is the 8,1. Maybe if we put that in Clover would do something?

I had a DW1560 in another PC working flawless on WiFi, but Bluetooth is not stable at all (and I need it so bad).

Purchasing the DW1820A was like giving a new try to this card that was supposed to work natively. If only the bluetooth works 100% then I'm happy. Activating the 5GHz band may be a matter of time, because the 2.4GHz band is working without doing nothing.

I will continue searching for a solution. These days I'll inject all USB's and then I'll try to activate the BT. If you find something about the 5GHz just let us know, I really appreciate all your help. Thank you!

so I installed the DW1820A in my z170N wifi (was running Sierra 10.12.6, model 17,1)
and wifi works 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz (in n and also ac)
OOB (out of the box)
without patches and extra kexts

as you can see in ioreg it didn't. recognise vendor (iovendor:unknown) - but it doesn't seem to affect operation -
1820 ioreg bcm4360.jpeg

1820 wifi info.jpeg
1820 working 5ghz z170n.jpeg

Last edited:
wow! so lucky! I don't know why my 5GHz band doesn't work :(((

Is your 5ghz router closeby?
You can see them on other devices?
Is the little cable antenna plugged in to your card’s connector - easily be dislodged?

When you go to wireless diagnostics (click wireless symbol /hold option key /)
And then on Windows menu - scan -
You can see all wifi access points and there country codes as well

https://www.imore.com/how-use-macos-wireless-diagnostics-get-best-possible-wifi-settings-your-area

Is your 5ghz router closeby?
You can see them on other devices?
Is the little cable antenna plugged in to your card’s connector - easily be dislodged?

When you go to wireless diagnostics (click wireless symbol /hold option key /)
And then on Windows menu - scan -
You can see all wifi access points and there country codes as well

https://www.imore.com/how-use-macos-wireless-diagnostics-get-best-possible-wifi-settings-your-area
What I can tell is:

• I swapped antenna cables and everything remains the same.

• In System Information, WiFi shows all bands, but I can only see networks with 2.4GHz.

• Router is next to the computer, even if I move away with my old iPhone (5s) I can see the 5GHz band

I don't have windows on that PC. Maybe I can run Parallels on it or something to try it out (?)

What I can tell is:

• I swapped antenna cables and everything remains the same.

• In System Information, WiFi shows all bands, but I can only see networks with 2.4GHz.

• Router is next to the computer, even if I move away with my old iPhone (5s) I can see the 5GHz band

I don't have windows on that PC. Maybe I can run Parallels on it or something to try it out (?)

Strange, I wonder why mine works and not yours -
I will have another look at your files you posted before.

Parallels is not going to make a difference.

by the way, after you configure all your usb properly, with custom SSDT.
and your BT device is showing up in ioReg.

but BrcmPatchRam2.kext (with BrcmFirmWareRepo.kext) properly copied into L/E
still is not able to upload the firmware. In my case it even knocks my BT device out of USB - and does not show up in ioreg anymore - when you boot into windows - it has become an unknown usb device. ( i had to physically remove the card, let it discharge a while and then plug it back in to show up again in ioReg.

was getting a bunch of these request failed error on boot
Code:
2018-04-29 11:54:56.587272+1000 0x3b1      Default     0x0                  0      kernel: (BrcmPatchRAM2) BrcmPatchRAM2: [0a5c:6412]: device request failed ("0xe00002ed (UNDEFINED)" 0xe00002ed).

2018-04-29 11:54:56.589987+1000 0x11d      Default     0x0                  0      kernel: (BrcmPatchRAM2) BrcmPatchRAM2: [0a5c:6412]: Not responding - Delaying next read.

========================================
Update : the reason it was working was because I was running tluck in debug (with extra log messages) not because of iosleepstates added by tluck - see post #44 for the real solution for my problem.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...-bluetooth-devices.250592/page-5#post-1741025

DISREGARD BELOW

Turns out I needed a slightly adapted BrcmPatchRam2.kext
based on the work by tluck changing ioSleep states

https://github.com/tluck/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM/commit/6ff6f86958191bd5d7777614a7574daeca15ab71

you can compile his fork at GitHub with Xcode.
I found though I only needed to change one ioSleep state from (20) to (400) on Line 420 for it to work
not all the changes by tluck

Code:
// don't start firmware load when lock is held (instance is shutting down)

if (IOLockTryLock(mLoadFirmwareLock))

{

BrcmPatchRAM* me = static_cast<BrcmPatchRAM*>(arg);

me->resetDevice();

IOSleep(400);

me->uploadFirmware();

#ifndef TARGET_ELCAPITAN

me->publishPersonality();

#endif

me->scheduleWork(kWorkFinished);

IOLockUnlock(mLoadFirmwareLock);

}

so I am using a custom BrcmPatchRam2.kext

I have a attached BrcmPatchRAM2_iosleep400 line 420.kext-> rename it to BrcmPatchRam2.kext
copy in L/E with
Code:
sudo cp -r  location/BrcmPatchRam2.kext /Library/Extensions

make sure to rebuild cache
Code:
sudo touch /Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -u /

Attachments

• ioreg bluetooth disappaered.jpg
    ioreg bluetooth disappaered.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:
Status