Contribute
Register

BCM94350ZAE/DW1820A only 802.11n wifi and no bluetooth devices

Status
Not open for further replies.
No useful info. To debug wifi, install macOS as old as possible. Your log show CPU model 7500u which is kabylake.
if you also use dw1820a, you can send the efi folder, and L / E kexts screen

If you are fed up with trying to get Dell 1820A BT/wifi to work with this you can always try

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...dapter-handoff-unlock-with-watch-uefi.215895/

where you can use a genuine apple BCM 94360 wifi/bt card and use an adapter
then you don't have to use/configure any special kexts patches etc it works OOB (out of the box)
havent tried it yet with m2 naff adapter (make sure it fits into your case)

also some people have still experienced problems
but could be because of some of the chinese products on ebay are not 100% reliable genuine.

View attachment 330621 View attachment 330622

In my Asus build (because the case is large enough) I have a pci solution adapter with the macair network card and it works great
View attachment 330623
Hi again! Sorry for not responding for a long time. This wifi/bt is driving me a bit nuts. Works, doesn't work etc. So i purchased the NGFF M.2 adapter and the card you suggested above (BCM94360CS2).

But not much luck. BT is somewhat working and WIFI just says "OFF" but when i try "Turn on WIFI" nothing happens. Still says OFF. I have deleted all BCM kexts from /L/E but left in the USBinjectall.kext. Can you see in my config why this is not working?
Attached debug.

#### UPDATE ####
After I removed all the unnecessary BCM kexts since I have a native wifi/bt card. Suddenly everything works. Bluetooth and WIFI. I attached some internal antennas that really helped - see image. I had to use them since the original antenna wires on the Asus ROG z370-I Gaming ITX board were now too short. Does anyone have experience with these? I attached them to the frame on the case. There was adhesive on the connector plates and the copper. Not sure if I should fasten the copper pieces also to the frame with the adhesive?

Anyway what happened was that suddenly BT is very unstable. I can see (sometimes) my Apple BT keyboard, it connects but the disconnects. And some BT devices I do not see at all. Wifi seems to work ok with AC signal. This seems very unstable and I wonder if it is software related. I boot to Windows, installed BootCamp driveres and in Windows 10 it is much more stable.
wifi-bt-with-antennas.jpg

Attachments

• debug_31846.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Hi again! Sorry for not responding for a long time. This wifi/bt is driving me a bit nuts. Works, doesn't work etc. So i purchased the NGFF M.2 adapter and the card you suggested above (BCM94360CS2).

But not much luck. BT is somewhat working and WIFI just says "OFF" but when i try "Turn on WIFI" nothing happens. Still says OFF. I have deleted all BCM kexts from /L/E but left in the USBinjectall.kext. Can you see in my config why this is not working?
Attached debug.

#### UPDATE ####
After I removed all the unnecessary BCM kexts since I have a native wifi/bt card. Suddenly everything works. Bluetooth and WIFI. I attached some internal antennas that really helped - see image. I had to use them since the original antenna wires on the Asus ROG z370-I Gaming ITX board were now too short. Does anyone have experience with these? I attached them to the frame on the case. There was adhesive on the connector plates and the copper. Not sure if I should fasten the copper pieces also to the frame with the adhesive?

Anyway what happened was that suddenly BT is very unstable. I can see (sometimes) my Apple BT keyboard, it connects but the disconnects. And some BT devices I do not see at all. Wifi seems to work ok with AC signal. This seems very unstable and I wonder if it is software related. I boot to Windows, installed BootCamp driveres and in Windows 10 it is much more stable.
View attachment 335229
Apologies I have been overseas with no internet connection for a while only recently came back - will have a look at your file soon

1. According to your debug file above , AirportBrcmFixup.kext. is still loading - not needed with 93460 CS2 - native support

(But I think in your update you mentioned that you have remove third party airportbrcm related kext, right?)

2. According to your debug file above you are loading ,XHCI-200 series injector,

is not needed any more because you have a custom .aml defining your USB ports

3. Antenna’s definitely make a difference with BT and wifi

I would just replace the pigtails with longer ones, and connect external antenna of motherboard, instead of using those metal internal plates
BCM94360 MHF4 to RP-SMA pigtails.jpg

So then an added a iosleep (20) was enough to make the release work (after changing alwayslog back to debuglog)
YoshiMac, can you please attach your compiled BrcmPatchRAM2.kext as zip? I'd like to test it for the same issue with an almost identical Wifi/BT card.

Thank you.

YoshiMac, can you please attach your compiled BrcmPatchRAM2.kext as zip? I'd like to test it for the same issue with an almost identical Wifi/BT card.

Thank you.
Sure. I am overseas at the moment. When I get back home this weekend I will post.

While the adapted kext did allow the firmware to load, and BT to show up - connecting BT devices and maintaining them connected reliably has been an issue still with this card Dw1820

Be good to see how you go.
Thanks

Sure. I am overseas at the moment. When I get back home this weekend I will post.

While the adapted kext did allow the firmware to load, and BT to show up - connecting BT devices and maintaining them connected reliably has been an issue still with this card Dw1820

Be good to see how you go.
Thanks
Finally managed to get everything working last nite with my Lenovo FRU 04X6020 BCM94352Z NGFF M.2 (Vendor ID: 0x0489 | Product ID: 0xE07A) with tluck's Broadcom PatchRAM driver, own compile in Xcode. However, his 2.2.7 driver is based on RehabMan's 2016-07-04 one and thus laggs behind the current 2.2.10 from 2018-05-06.

BTW you might want to apply this and see if you can then use RehabMan's stock driver. I'll do so now.

[EDIT]: not working for me, back to tluck's kexts..
[EDIT2]: in the meantime I compiled with your mod (attached), but no luck either with my Lenovo FRU 04X6020, so again back to tluck's kexts. As long as yours is current, I'd be happy to test it.
[EDIT3]: I consolidated different approaches in this posting.

Attachments

• RehabMan BrcmPatchRAM2 2.2.10 (2018-05-06) IOSleep (20) added.rar
    1.9 MB · Views: 126
Last edited:
my dell 7472 has broadcom DW1820 wifi card can this work with macosx mojave? or i have to replace it with broadcom DW1560 wifi card?please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back