Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. MacBook Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
I have a problem with my WiFi card. The card worked perfectly in Maverick out of the box. When I upgraded to Yosemite the bcm94322hm8l WiFi card does not work anymore. I backed up the Yosemite io80211family.kext, and tried using the io80211family.kext from Mavericks. It detected my card but no WiFi networks showed up. I also tried the card in a different hackintosh running Yosemite and I got the same results. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a problem with my WiFi card. The card worked perfectly in Maverick out of the box. When I upgraded to Yosemite the bcm94322hm8l WiFi card does not work anymore. I backed up the Yosemite io80211family.kext, and tried using the io80211family.kext from Mavericks. It detected my card but no WiFi networks showed up. I also tried the card in a different hackintosh running Yosemite and I got the same results. Any help would be appreciated.

Bad idea to mix kexts from other OS X versions...

Read post #1 here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Try SMBIOS MacBook Air 5,2

Try SMBIOS MacBook Air 5,2

This is in post #1 @ sticky guide, correct?

FYI: I've seen a patch for this issue... I have no BCM hardware, otherwise I'd try it (instead of changing smbios). I may be purchasing a BCM card just to play with soon though...

This is in post #1 @ sticky guide, correct?

FYI: I've seen a patch for this issue... I have no BCM hardware, otherwise I'd try it (instead of changing smbios). I may be purchasing a BCM card just to play with soon though...

The sticky guide only mentions 43224, I'm not sure about 4322, because less people reported it.

The sticky guide only mentions 43224, I'm not sure about 4322, because less people reported it.

Both are handled by the same driver, so probably same smbios whitelist...

Someone should try the whitelist disable patch....

Both are handled by the same driver, so probably same smbios whitelist...

Someone should try the whitelist disable patch....

You mean this?
Binary Patch: AirPortBrcm4360
  1. Find (MacBoolAir5,2): Mac-2E6FAB96566FE58C
  2. Replace (desired SMBIOS): Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61

You mean this?
Binary Patch: AirPortBrcm4360
  1. Find (MacBoolAir5,2): Mac-2E6FAB96566FE58C
  2. Replace (desired SMBIOS): Mac-27ADBB7B4CEE8E61

I have seen a couple different versions, but yes... that would be the general idea.

Seems like a better idea than using the wrong smbios.

I have seen a couple different versions, but yes... that would be the general idea.

Seems like a better idea than using the wrong smbios.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back