Contribute
Register

BCM4352 Bluetooth not Working on High Sierra [Problem Report]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying for the life of me to install the Bluetooth kexts BcrmFirmwareRepo.kext / BcrmPatchRAM2.kext and they don't seem to be loading. I have already managed to install USBInjectALL successfully and have SIP disabled. I've tried with Kext Beast and Kext Wizard to S/L/E and in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other. Any ideas? System Information > Bluetooth shows "no information found."

Last edited:
I'm trying for the life of me to install the Bluetooth kexts BcrmFirmwareRepo.kext / BcrmPatchRAM2.kext and they don't seem to be loading. I have already managed to install USBInjectALL successfully and have SIP disabled. I've tried with Kext Beast and Kext Wizard to S/L/E and in EFI/Clover/Kexts/Other. Any ideas? System Information > Bluetooth shows "no information found."

No "Problem Reporting" files attached.
Read FAQ, "Problem Reporting" again. Carefully. Attach all requested files/output.
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.164990/
Use the gen_debug.sh tool mentioned in the FAQ, that way it is less likely you'll omit something.

Hello community!
So, after my successful attempt to run macOS Sierra 10.12 with everything working on my machine and with the release of Apple´s new OS, I decided to give this one a shot too but this time I´m having some issues that I can´t solve on my own and that´s precisely with my BCM4352 combo card.
After the direct update (from Sierra to HSierra), I instantly got Ethernet working by default. Then I got the Wi-Fi working with this kext in my config:

Code:
       <key>Comment</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360 - fcvo</string>
                <key>Disabled</key>
                <false/>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                gflSqgAAdSk=
                </data>
                <key>Name</key>
                <string>com.apple.driver.AirPort.Brcm4360</string>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>
                gflSqgAAZpA=
                </data>

After I got the Wi-Fi working as it was previously, I moved from fixing the Wi-Fi to fixing the Bluetooth. From what I remember, having BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext on EFI/Clover/kexts/10.12 and the flag kext-dev-mode=1 was enough on macOS Sierra. Now with High Sierra, I can´t get it working with those two kexts (even tried to put them on both System and User Extensions´ folder) so I asked for help to RehabMan (previous developer for FakePCIID) and he said here that I should open a thread related to this issue and he also said to run the OSX-Debug tool and send here the exported results (attached above).

From what I can see, the System detects the bluetooth module on the USB Devices as "BCM20702A0" and on the "Bluetooth" tab it says "No information found." (print screens above)

View attachment 296250 View attachment 296249

I would really appreciate anyone to look up into this issue.
Big thanks to RehabMan for his advice .
I bought this on eBay from the Goofer worked better then my MacBook pros
s-l1600.jpg

Doesn't get any more concise than this:

Summary:
- BCM4352 WiFi requires FakePCIID.kext + FakePCIID_Broadcom_WiFi.kext
- if 10.12, you will need 'fcvo' patch by the-darkvoid
. . .

You are of course welcome to your opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back