CPU
i5-10400
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Today I updated from Catalina to Big Sur with Open Core 0.6.6. Under Catalina everything worked well. Now I have no Wifi and Bluetooth. I have the BCM20702A0 installed and use Intel Wifi and Bluetooth kexts, as well as BCM bluetooth kexts. This setup worked fine until the update. Any suggestions/ideas? My fix would be to install a different wireless network card, but I would be happy to avoid that.

Today I updated from Catalina to Big Sur with Open Core 0.6.6. Under Catalina everything worked well. Now I have no Wifi and Bluetooth. I have the BCM20702A0 installed and use Intel Wifi and Bluetooth kexts, as well as BCM bluetooth kexts. This setup worked fine until the update. Any suggestions/ideas? My fix would be to install a different wireless network card, but I would be happy to avoid that.

Hi there.

Your BCM20702A0 Bluetooth should work natively without any kexts. The only thing it needs is USB ...

Your Intel wifi should work with the new Intel drivers. You can either use or discard the Intel Bluetooth. Some say it works natively, but nothing beats Broadcom on a Mac for compatibility.

So the difference between your Catalina and Big Sur installation is likely the new security around those kexts. USB ports needs workarounds depending on your previous set-up.

Where have you installed them?

Hi there.

Your BCM20702A0 Bluetooth should work natively without any kexts. The only thing it needs is USB ...

Your Intel wifi should work with the new Intel drivers. You can either use or discard the Intel Bluetooth. Some say it works natively, but nothing beats Broadcom on a Mac for compatibility.

So the difference between your Catalina and Big Sur installation is likely the new security around those kexts. USB ports needs workarounds depending on your previous set-up.

Where have you installed them?
I installed the kext in the OC/kext folder and added them to the config.plist with ProperTree. I will give it a try this evening and see if it works if I uninstall all the Bluetooth kexts and just use the Wifi one.

I installed the kext in the OC/kext folder and added them to the config.plist with ProperTree. I will give it a try this evening and see if it works if I uninstall all the Bluetooth kexts and just use the Wifi one.

Remember, as I mentioned above, the possible new method for enabling USB ports in Big Sur. What process did you use for enabling them previously?

Remember, as I mentioned above, the possible new method for enabling USB ports in Big Sur. What process did you use for enabling them previously?

I used this guide: OC post install guide
My mapping was created with the USBmaptool from CorpNewt. I did not check the usb ports with Big Sur yet.

I used this guide: OC post install guide
My mapping was created with the USBmaptool from CorpNewt. I did not check the usb ports with Big Sur yet.

Ah, okay. I can only support our guides over in the Post Installation / General forum:

Basically Catalina and especially Big Sur introduced stricter kext security, but as I understand it the USBMap.kext is very similar to USBPorts.kext in operation so should work as long as it is in the EFI partition.

Maybe your problem lies elsewhere.

Ah, okay. I can only support our guides over in the Post Installation / General forum:

Basically Catalina and especially Big Sur introduced stricter kext security, but as I understand it the USBMap.kext is very similar to USBPorts.kext in operation so should work as long as it is in the EFI partition.

Maybe your problem lies elsewhere.
Okay, I did change the bluetooth kexts as you recommended. Now Bluetooth does work but wifi is still not working. I did update the Intel wifi kext to the big sur version. But after rebooting still no luck. As I understand this is not a problem related to usb mapping. I will take my time this weekend and try to double check my config and installed kexts.

Okay, I did change the bluetooth kexts as you recommended. Now Bluetooth does work but wifi is still not working. I did update the Intel wifi kext to the big sur version. But after rebooting still no luck. As I understand this is not a problem related to usb mapping. I will take my time this weekend and try to double check my config and installed kexts.

Glad to hear Bluetooth is now working :thumbup:

Yes, you are correct. WiFi will be an issue of loading the kext correctly. Not my area of knowledge, sadly. Check our our main forum. I'm sure you have already ...

Glad to hear Bluetooth is now working :thumbup:

Yes, you are correct. WiFi will be an issue of loading the kext correctly. Not my area of knowledge, sadly. Check our our main forum. I'm sure you have already ...
Great thanks a lot for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back