Contribute
Register

BCM20702A0 Bluetooth on Sierra not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext and BrcmPatchRAM2.kext. Google it
Indeed these kext made my Bluetooth BCM20702A0 work in Sierra.

@feklhr RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM
Install those two kexts from RehabMans repo(you'll get the latest releases that way), to /L/E with KextBeast 2.0.1, this is what I've done to get BT enabled using the same device in both OS X El Capitan and macOS Sierra.

Screen Shot 2016-10-10 at 13.41.34.png Screen Shot 2016-10-10 at 13.43.45.png

Thanks. Tried that. No luck. I am throwing the towel in. Thanks though guys.

Perhaps you actually have a USB problem. If you don't see it in System Information->USB, the BrcmPatchRAM kexts will do you no good, as it must appear on the USB bus first.

Perhaps you actually have a USB problem. If you don't see it in System Information->USB, the BrcmPatchRAM kexts will do you no good, as it must appear on the USB bus first.

It looks like you are right. I am not seeing it there any more. I am looking in to this now. Any thoughts?

It looks like you are right. I am not seeing it there any more. I am looking in to this now. Any thoughts?

Have you customised a SSDT for you're USB? you could be exceeding the 15 port limit.

OK, i have used the kext of RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM as described in the page (load the kext in /System/Library/Extensions) and after the rebbot without kext cache my bluetooth device (USB dongle Broadcom 20702A3) show the updated firmware... so good! ....but no handoff and hot spot active in my System informations ... I also tried to exit from icloud account but :(

I also insert this patch in clover .plist (MacOs Sierra):

<dict>
<key>Comment</key>
<string>10.11.dp1+ BT4LE-Handoff-Hotspot, credit RehabMan based on Dokterdok original</string>
<key>Find</key>
<data>SIX/dEdIiwc=</data>
<key>Name</key>
<string>IOBluetoothFamily</string>
<key>Replace</key>
<data>Qb4PAAAA60Q=</data>
</dict>

Thanks a lot!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back