Contribute
Register

BCM20702A0 bluetooth not working in Sierra 10.12.6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello guys ,
I have PCI-E Wifi+Bluetooth card .Here wifi works out of the box and here are the images for ID and what shows in system report
Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 10.49.58 PM.png
Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 10.50.09 PM.png

. but I am trying to get my bluetooth working following this :
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM
But after struggling for 2 days , today I have checked info.plist inside brcmpatchram2.kext and to my surprise there is entry missing for my device ID Key value pair.
which is :[0a5c:22be] Broadcom BCM20702 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Device
I have attached screen shots from two different versions.
@RehabMan thanks to you I have found your commit with vendor id which is included In this release : RehabMan-BrcmPatchRAM-2015-0627.zip .but latest one that is RehabMan-BrcmPatchRAM-2016-0705.zip missing entry as I have said above. I have still tried installing bcrmpatchram2 and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext into S/L/E but no success .Any help will be highly appreciated and thanks in advance and also want to know whether I can use kext from that old release as that is only bcrmpatchram not bcrmpatchram2.
Screen Shot 2017-08-22 at 11.00.38 PM.png

Hello guys ,
I have PCI-E Wifi+Bluetooth card .Here wifi works out of the box and here are the images for ID and what shows in system report
View attachment 273892 View attachment 273893
. but I am trying to get my bluetooth working following this :
https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM
But after struggling for 2 days , today I have checked info.plist inside brcmpatchram2.kext and to my surprise there is entry missing for my device ID Key value pair.
which is :[0a5c:22be] Broadcom BCM20702 Bluetooth 4.0 USB Device
I have attached screen shots from two different versions.
@RehabMan thanks to you I have found your commit with vendor id which is included In this release : RehabMan-BrcmPatchRAM-2015-0627.zip .but latest one that is RehabMan-BrcmPatchRAM-2016-0705.zip missing entry as I have said above. I have still tried installing bcrmpatchram2 and BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext into S/L/E but no success .Any help will be highly appreciated and thanks in advance and also want to know whether I can use kext from that old release as that is only bcrmpatchram not bcrmpatchram2.
View attachment 273898

0a5c:22be not supported any more in the prebuilt kexts.
It was removed from the Win8/Win10 drivers, and as the set of firmwares in the kext is automatically generated based on the Windows drivers, the support for that specific device was dropped.
You can use Windows to gather the firmware hex and add the support manually (either with an injector or direct kext editing).

Hi Umangloria.
Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.
I have the same card and until now a non working BT function.
Here´s what I did.
Installed BrcmBluetoothinjector.kext from 2015 to Library/Extensions.
Remember to delete previous installed Brcm kexts :thumbup:

BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext will not load firmware.
Functionality will likely be partial.

Hello @RehabMan and @arehep . I got mine working by using your old patchram2 and repo kext . which I have attached here . just putted in SLE. and got working . @RehabMan can you tell me better way to get this working? I have windows 10 drivers if they can help.
Archive.zip

Attachments

• BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext.zip
    998.9 KB · Views: 189
  • BrcmPatchRAM2.kext.zip
    18.7 KB · Views: 171
  • Archive.zip
    1,018.1 KB · Views: 309
Hello @RehabMan and @arehep . I got mine working by using your old patchram2 and repo kext . which I have attached here . just putted in SLE. and got working . @RehabMan can you tell me better way to get this working? I have windows 10 drivers if they can help.
Archive.zip

You can get current firmware (.hex) from Windows.
Then you can create an injector kext that has the firmware in it.
Refer to the README and existing examples in the repo.

You can get current firmware (.hex) from Windows.
Then you can create an injector kext that has the firmware in it.
Refer to the README and existing examples in the repo.
@RehabMan thanks for your advice but here is the problem that i do not have knowledge about firmware and creating injector kext . I really appreciate your help and contribution in the forum . I have attached Windows Bluetooth Drivers if they can help and if you can point me at proper guide as i have seen this guide: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-BrcmPatchRAM
but not getting a clue how to add an entry for this in the current version of brcmpatchram2.kext.Bluetooth Driver for Windows 7_8_10.zip

Attachments

• Bluetooth Driver for Windows 7_8_10.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 188
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back