Contribute
Register

[Stable] Nicoras' Mac: H370M Bazooka + Vega 56 | OpenCore-based

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this same configuration and I can't install it. The OS thing is not there

"I just cannot find in my BIOS settings this root,
  • Boot/Secure Boot/ OS Type - Other OS"

First, you should use boot arg -v to check wheret the problem is. And with bios .140 on h370m bazooka, i had apfs moudle start problem, after getting help from the forum, downgrade the bios to .10, and with using Nicoras's efi folder, i got installed.

First, you should use boot arg -v to check wheret the problem is. And with bios .140 on h370m bazooka, i had apfs moudle start problem, after getting help from the forum, downgrade the bios to .10, and with using Nicoras's efi folder, i got installed.

Thank you, mate!!!!!!

I just did what you said. I downgrade my BIOS to ,10 and tried with installation and..... YEAH, I've got Mojave!

Now I am checking if hardware works correctly but, its a big step!

Thank you so much!

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...r-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/page-66

Check my EFI ... It may work on the Bazooka. Also stay away from MSI's latest BIOS ... I think it breaks USB boot, you can try updating the BIOS after you install mojave , though any recovery will have to be using virtualbox in another OS or mounting EFI in linux and manually copying kexts or EFI temporarily. ..

Note : SLeep/Wake hasnt been tried yet on my EFI but HW acceleration works on HDMI port for my board which should hopefully have similar layout on all non Z MSI boards ...

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...r-patching-using-whatevergreen.256490/page-66

Check my EFI ... It may work on the Bazooka. Also stay away from MSI's latest BIOS ... I think it breaks USB boot, you can try updating the BIOS after you install mojave , though any recovery will have to be using virtualbox in another OS or mounting EFI in linux and manually copying kexts or EFI temporarily. ..

Note : SLeep/Wake hasnt been tried yet on my EFI but HW acceleration works on HDMI port for my board which should hopefully have similar layout on all non Z MSI boards ...

I would suggest to only copy connector patches in the config.plist at first if you already have a hackintosh running but no acceleration on UHD 630 which was basically my goal because otherwise Hackintosh installed pretty easily ...

I have a post installation question. Did you use CCG to mount the EFI partition and copy all the EFI contents from the external USB drive? If so, did you have to do anything else?

I think we should start listing the BIOS versions that are compatible to further increase the usability of the guide.

What if I'm using a i5-9600K? Is the BIOS downgrade still an option for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back