Intel HD 3000
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello everyone.

I'm brand new to the Hackintosh club, and I must say I'm loving it. Thank you all that put so many hours into making this thing work!

I picked up an HP 4530s (specs in sig) for $300 on Craigslist the other day. Very nice and clean machine and Windows ran fine, but I wanted to build a Hackintosh.

This is my first question of many I'm sure and it's a small one. My battery status icon in the menu bar doesn't change from the plugged in status when it's not on the AC adapter. Also it says "battery is not charging. Source: power adapter."

This is only a small annoyance, but still like to try and get things working as best I can.

Thank you!

Hello everyone.

I'm brand new to the Hackintosh club, and I must say I'm loving it. Thank you all that put so many hours into making this thing work!

I picked up an HP 4530s (specs in sig) for $300 on Craigslist the other day. Very nice and clean machine and Windows ran fine, but I wanted to build a Hackintosh.

This is my first question of many I'm sure and it's a small one. My battery status icon in the menu bar doesn't change from the plugged in status when it's not on the AC adapter. Also it says "battery is not charging. Source: power adapter."

This is only a small annoyance, but still like to try and get things working as best I can.

Thank you!

First of all, did you follow this guide to install?
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/77057-guide-installing-mountain-lion-hp-probook.html

If so, try to reset your EC: shutdown, remove AC adapter, remove battery, hold power button down 60s, put everything back & restart.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did install just as instructed from that page. I actually installed a few times until I got everything correct, but I'm confident that I did everything 100% correct this last time.

Your suggested fix didn't work. I still have the same icon up there when unplugged. It shows plugged in.

Here is an interesting item I just noticed. When unplugged, and at the login screen the icon is correct. It shows that I'm running on battery power. After logging in, the icon switches to show it plugged in when it's not. Strange.

Currently I have the AC plugged back in and the icon shows it charging, as it should.

Again, it's not a huge deal obviously, and I'm willing to do a clean install to see if I can recreate the problem. I haven't even begun to set up my system for permanent use, so it wouldn't be a big deal.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I did install just as instructed from that page. I actually installed a few times until I got everything correct, but I'm confident that I did everything 100% correct this last time.

Your suggested fix didn't work. I still have the same icon up there when unplugged. It shows plugged in.

Here is an interesting item I just noticed. When unplugged, and at the login screen the icon is correct. It shows that I'm running on battery power. After logging in, the icon switches to show it plugged in when it's not. Strange.

Currently I have the AC plugged back in and the icon shows it charging, as it should.

Again, it's not a huge deal obviously, and I'm willing to do a clean install to see if I can recreate the problem. I haven't even begun to set up my system for permanent use, so it wouldn't be a big deal.

What BIOS version? And have you patched your own DSDT -- should not matter, but might be something to try. And check to see if the proper battery manager is installed. Use Kext Wizard, go to Loaded tab, and search for battery. It should display com.apple.driver.AppleSmartBatteryManager (1.30).

Also, you could try running debug version of my battery manager and see if there is anything interesting in the console (Filter for SmartBattery). Follow my Projects link in the signature.

There have been a few people with weird batteries or AC adapters that generate bad information...

Also, a clean install if you're unsure of the state of your install is never a bad idea....

My BIOS is F.27. I have not patched my own DSDT. I'm not too familiar with my own DSDT, but I have heard it mentioned in some of your guides. I'm a little scared of that at this point in my Hackintoshing thus far. I'm sure you've published a guide for that as well and why one would want to do that? Kext Wizard does show exactly what you said it should: com.apple.driver.AppleSmartBatteryManager (1.30).

My BIOS is F.27. I have not patched my own DSDT. I'm not too familiar with my own DSDT, but I have heard it mentioned in some of your guides. I'm a little scared of that at this point in my Hackintoshing thus far. I'm sure you've published a guide for that as well and why one would want to do that? Kext Wizard does show exactly what you said it should: com.apple.driver.AppleSmartBatteryManager (1.30).

It probably won't help w/ your issue, but it is still best to patch your own DSDT. It is documented here: https://github.com/RehabMan/HP-ProBook-4x30s-DSDT-Patch/wiki/How-to-patch-your-DSDT

The debug version of my AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext may be a way to see what your DSDT methods are reporting for battery status.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back