CPU
i7-9700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I have ML on my 4530s, but for some reason my laptop won't run on the battery. Not sure if it is a hardware or software problem. I bought a new battery and it allowed me to run the laptop with out the AC, but the laptop wouldn't charge the new battery and if I was running off the battery and plugged in the AC power cord it would not switch to run off the AC power. My battery status says I am running off battery power; even if no battery is connected!

I have ML on my 4530s, but for some reason my laptop won't run on the battery. Not sure if it is a hardware or software problem. I bought a new battery and it allowed me to run the laptop with out the AC, but the laptop wouldn't charge the new battery and if I was running off the battery and plugged in the AC power cord it would not switch to run off the AC power. My battery status says I am running off battery power; even if no battery is connected!

I would run Windows and see what happens there to make sure you don't have a bad battery. And checkout this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook/69472-battery-manager-fix-boot-without-batteries.html

A better battery kext is under development (as you can see when you read that thread). One bug that I fixed there is the displaying of "Power Source: Battery" when you boot into OS X w/ no batteries connected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back