Contribute
Register

Battery Percentage Stuck / Not Charging on Hackintosh

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay when i move all of kexts keyboard worked. But battery seems still not charging. I changed my SMBIOS to Macbook Air. When I try Macbook Pro then I can not boot. I attach the files.

Btw thank you millions of times for your time and patience. You guys are legend.

Read *all* of post #13.

Well, how to find OS Check Fix patch? I searched for it but couldn't find anything on your bitbucket. Isn't it a patch? Please help me :)

Is this patch for people who use mac os and windows together? I'm asking because I use windows on SSD only. The HDD is only for Mac OS.

Is this patch for people who use mac os and windows together?

The patch has nothing to do whether you're doing dual boot or not.

Which patch exactly? Any of them?

system_OSYS.txt
system_OSYS_win7.txt
system_OSYS_win8.txt

Sorry for my dummy questions but I want to make sure before doing something. Thanks for your patience.

Well first of all, you should setup MaciASL->Preferences->Sources correctly, such that you get friendly names.
But specifically which version of Windows you should spoof is hardware/BIOS dependent.
Trial/error.

I setup Sources in MaciASL correctly I think. What should I check with my hardware/BIOS to decide exactly?

I setup Sources in MaciASL correctly I think. What should I check with my hardware/BIOS to decide exactly?

Nothing to check.
As previously written, trial/error.

Hi,

I have the same problem with HP 15-bc010nm. It has a Skylake i5-6300HQ CPU, 16GB DDR4, Intel HD 530 and Nvidia 960M disabled via DSDT.

What I know by now is that the problem is not caused by any kext or DSDT patch because it happens on the clean install without any modifications too. Also I got the battery indicator working. It shows the correct percentage and if the laptop is connected to the power supply or not.

I will now try to explain this strange problem to the best of my ability:
When I enter MacOS for the first time power percentage is stuck. For example, if I boot to MacOS at 42% it will stay at 42%, even when battery is discharging, until the battery drains completely and laptop just switches off. If I connect it to the power source, it will display that it is charging but it will stay at 42%. LED charging indicator will indicate that battery is charging, but it isn't, and will stay in that state forever, even when laptop is off. It gets even stranger when I enter MacOS and then switch to Windows or Linux, where the battery percentage is now stuck too. It won't decrease or charge. The only thing I can do is deep drain the battery (battery on this model is not detachable) and leave the laptop off, or use Windows / Linux until the battery is charged.

Attached debug files are generated when the laptop was running on battery for about 45 minutes. You will see that battery indicator says its at 100%, but it should drop at least below 85% by now.

Attachments

• debug_8925.zip
    2.1 MB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back