Contribute
Register

Battery percentage gets stuck after boot on Hackintosh BigSur

Status
Not open for further replies.
you could also try an EC Reset on your laptop
My battery is non detachable.

What is the problem for Big Sur , everything works like a charm on Catalina then why only this battery issue occurred.

Is there no other way other than resetting the EC?

My battery is non detachable.

What is the problem for Big Sur , everything works like a charm on Catalina then why only this battery issue occurred.

Is there no other way other than resetting the EC?
you don't have to remove the battery for EC reset

strange it worked ok on previous version of macOS

you don't have to remove the battery for EC reset

strange it worked ok on previous version of macOS
Does this mean I will never have an working battery in macOS bigsur should I keep using the Catalina.

Or is there anything else you can help me with?

Please man do this work for me it has frustrated me a lot before.

Does this mean I will never have an working battery in macOS bigsur should I keep using the Catalina.

Or is there anything else you can help me with?

Please man do this work for me it has frustrated me a lot before.
you may need to hotpatch for your battery

EDIT:
also update your kexts as well

Last edited:
you may need to hotpatch for your battery
The battery is shown as full charged if I use abm_firstpolldelay=64000,32000

but it is showing as battery is not charging if is use abm_firstpolldelay=8000,16000.

Also can you give me link to a hot patch guide.

The battery is shown as full charged if I use abm_firstpolldelay=64000,32000

but it is showing as battery is not charging if is use abm_firstpolldelay=8000,16000.

Also can you give me link to a hot patch guide.
i also made an edit to my previous post about updating your old kexts

i also made an edit to my previous post about updating your old kexts
Here is my DSDT.dsl file can you just tell whether there are so many field which need to be set to 8.

Please if possible can you make changes in it.

Attachments

• DSDT.dsl
    885.1 KB · Views: 36
I'd check for ACPI errors in your logs to make sure that something wrong isn't going on. If you're getting a battery meter, then maybe it's fine, but still worth checking. I'd look at the command "log show --last boot | grep -i ACPI", which should show any errors related to ACPI.

If you're getting stuck on hot patching, may be worth taking a look at ECEnabler. Not required though if you already have a good set of patches.

I tried rehabman's battery patching guide and made a static patch for my hp pavillion.

Below is the DSDT patched file.

Trial and Error's

1)I tried dsdt patch with acpibatterymanager.kext-->battery status visible but there is no temperature available and also the battery meter does not update.(Also tried these with different abm_firstpolldelay boot flag values)

2)Tried dsdt patch with smcbatterymanager.kext-->battery status visible , temperature available but still no updating battery meter.(Also tried these with different abm_firstpolldelay boot flag values)

3)The only thing that worked was ECEnabler.kext and SMCBatteryManager.kext with abm_firstpolldelay=64000.
But this does not work on BigSur. SO I WANT A PATCH THAT WORKS ON CATALINA JUST LIKE THIS , only then the battery will work perfectly on BigSur.

SO please someone help if possible with my battery meter on catalina 10.15.3 with dsdt patch and no ecenabler.

I think this is the only solution.

Attachments

• DSDT_FixedBat_V2.dsl
    884.5 KB · Views: 44
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back