Contribute
Register

Battery Manager with Fix for Boot without Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
thx, i already find it
when i compile it, i have these 4 warnings
11443, 1099, Unknown reserved name (_WDG)
11510, 1099, Unknown reserved name (_WED)
ok.I don't have these warnings with another dsdt editor
now i am going to test pached dsdt

thx, i already find it
when i compile it, i have these 4 warnings
11443, 1099, Unknown reserved name (_WDG)
ok.I don't have these warnings with another dsdt editor
now i am going to test pached dsdt

Warnings are fine.

- - - Updated - - -

ALL WORK!!!
THANK YOU RAHABMAN!!!
I m very happy)

Nice to hear you have it working!

Aloha RehabMan,

Nice work ! However, I get a "Mach-O file is malformed ..." error when I try to use it.

I just downloaded your RehabMan-Battery-2013-0805.zip last night.

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-NR180E (C2Duo) running 10.7.5 / 32 bit.

It has a dead battery but refuses to recognize that it's running on A/C, still thinks that the power source is the battery.

I'll give 1.32 a whirl but I have shied away from that after reading that your latest (1.32-1.33) change involved fixing a Sony issue.

TIA,

bisk

Aloha RehabMan,

Nice work ! However, I get a "Mach-O file is malformed ..." error when I try to use it.

I just downloaded from the drop point (on code.google.com), installed on my ProBook... and it works just fine.

I just downloaded your RehabMan-Battery-2013-0805.zip last night.

I have a Sony Vaio VGN-NR180E (C2Duo) running 10.7.5 / 32 bit.

It has a dead battery but refuses to recognize that it's running on A/C, still thinks that the power source is the battery.

I'll give 1.32 a whirl but I have shied away from that after reading that your latest (1.32-1.33) change involved fixing a Sony issue.

TIA,

bisk

Probably your DSDT has not been (properly) patched...

I just downloaded from the drop point (on code.google.com), installed on my ProBook... and it works just fine.

Probably your DSDT has not been (properly) patched...

I downloaded the 1.32 version and get the malformed / invalid magic number feedfacf with that one too.

Are folks using this on 32 bit Lion ? I have never needed to deal with the 8/16 bit battery thing in the DSDT for a 32 bit installation before. Could it be that this kext is only meant for 64 bit use ?

Yep, no doubt, I'm just gettin' started on this one but ain't nuthin' in my DSDT gonna keep a kext from loading.
I'm not that good ;)

I downloaded the 1.32 version and get the malformed / invalid magic number feedfacf with that one too.

Something is wrong with your install...

Are folks using this on 32 bit Lion ? I have never needed to deal with the 8/16 bit battery thing in the DSDT for a 32 bit installation before. Could it be that this kext is only meant for 64 bit use ?

The build is 64-bit only. You can build a 32-bit version if you need it. You are posting in the ML forum, but using Lion? ML does not have a 32-bit mode.

Yep, no doubt, I'm just gettin' started on this one but ain't nuthin' in my DSDT gonna keep a kext from loading.
I'm not that good ;)

I realize that.

I was referring to your battery indication issues, under the assumption you were getting this version or another one to actually load.

Something is wrong with your install...

The build is 64-bit only. You can build a 32-bit version if you need it. You are posting in the ML forum, but using Lion? ML does not have a 32-bit mode.

I realize that.

I was referring to your battery indication issues, under the assumption you were getting this version or another one to actually load.

I was just jokin' man :)

I simply googled on something like "laptop power source battery when on A/C" and jumped in here - never noticed that it was an ML specific forum. My bad :(

Yep, trying to load a 64 bit only kext on a 32 bit system is not happening.

This Sony has the Intel GMAX3100 so 32 bit is all it's gonna do.

This portable is a bit nasty. About This Mac logs you out, backlight does not recover from screen dimming, RAM slots are not recognized by System Profiler and I had a 6-way split screen until I popped a custom EDID in Display Overrides.

I s'pose that the confusion between where the power is coming from is the least of my worries !

Maybe, it acts OK when there is a good battery attached. Right now, I don't have one and so cannot say.

Perhaps I'll have a run at building a 32 bit version if/when I get a chance. I haven't compiled anything since the OpenStep days so I'm a bit out of date on that :(

Thanks again for your time :))

I was just jokin' man :)

I simply googled on something like "laptop power source battery when on A/C" and jumped in here - never noticed that it was an ML specific forum. My bad :(

Yep, trying to load a 64 bit only kext on a 32 bit system is not happening.

This Sony has the Intel GMAX3100 so 32 bit is all it's gonna do.

This portable is a bit nasty. About This Mac logs you out, backlight does not recover from screen dimming, RAM slots are not recognized by System Profiler and I had a 6-way split screen until I popped a custom EDID in Display Overrides.

I s'pose that the confusion between where the power is coming from is the least of my worries !

Maybe, it acts OK when there is a good battery attached. Right now, I don't have one and so cannot say.

Perhaps I'll have a run at building a 32 bit version if/when I get a chance. I haven't compiled anything since the OpenStep days so I'm a bit out of date on that :(

Thanks again for your time :))

If/when you get around to building it, easy as:

Pre-requisites:
- xcode 4.6.3 installed
- xcode command line tools installed

Code:
# in Terminal
cd directory-where-you-downloaded-the-project
make BITS=32
# or if you want universal kexts (32 and 64)
make BITS=3264

I have a HP Pavilion DV7-6143CL did the resetting of the batt still getting 87% but the power is plugged in when I unplug the power it show the batt it going up looking at it now its at 89% now

AppleSmartBattery <class AppleSmartBattery, id 0x1000001cc, registered, ma$
{
"PostChargeWaitSeconds" = 120
"TimeRemaining" = 65535
"InstantTimeToEmpty" = 65535
"ExternalChargeCapable" = Yes
"CellVoltage" = (3198,3198,3198,3201)
"PermanentFailureStatus" = 0
"BatteryInvalidWakeSeconds" = 30
"Voltage" = 12795
"MaxCapacity" = 7396
"Quick Poll" = No