Contribute
Register

Battery Manager with Fix for Boot without Batteries

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, i tried, i install your kexts and edited dsdt, but have no success - only X sign on battery no matter - from battery or from AC adaptor.
In console i see messages:
8/27/12 7:31:13.000 PM kernel[0]: AppleSmartBatteryManager:getBatteryBIF(0xE00002BC) failed
8/27/12 7:31:13.000 PM kernel[0]: AppleSmartBatteryManager:getBatteryBST(0xE00002BC) failed

What can i do next?

Thank you very much!!

Your DSDT needs more work. In particular (based on my findings last night) you need the 16-bit registers in the EC broken down to 8-bit. Then all access to them has to be low-byte/high-byte combinations using (primarily) the B1B2 method. And then the B1B2 method needs to be added. I have attached the results of my edits. It will compile (AML also attached) with the same warnings on the original file.

It probably needs more work, but maybe worth a try. One thing to be sure of is that the battery section in this DSL is actually from your laptop. It is very similar to the 4x30 series, so hopefully you didn't copy it from a 4x30 DSDT. Hopefully this started out as an actual extraction of your DSDT...

Attachments

• dsdt4340s_patched_cc_b1b2.zip
    129.8 KB · Views: 409
It probably needs more work, but maybe worth a try.
WOW! It's really work
showing 4:55 hours of work amazing!
It's not smartbatterymanager, because i can't see picture with information, but for now it's good enough and i'm really appreciate your help.

RehabMan this is my screen shot after wake up,AC Charger is turn off I try everything but no lucky.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-08-27 at 10.10.34 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-08-27 at 10.10.34 PM.jpg
    192.2 KB · Views: 741
Here is my DSDT please can you fix it.

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    47.9 KB · Views: 157
RehabMan this is my screen shot after wake up,AC Charger is turn off I try everything but no lucky.

I don't think there is anything wrong with your DSDT. You have a 4530s and by the look of it, your DSDT is from the ProBook installer, so it has all the necessary battery patches.

Did you try tegezee's method of resetting the EC by powering off the laptop, removing the battery, unplugging ac power, letting it sit, hitting power button while no batteries/no ac power etc? The full instructions for the technique were posted by tegezee in this thread. I think for some reason, some people's laptops are getting the EC in a bad state and then the ACPI battery methods start reporting bad data. Maybe that is what is going on in your case...

Yes I try tegezee's method and no help for me.

Yes I try tegezee's method and no help for me.

Just curious. If you run in Terminal:

Code:
ioreg -n AppleSmartBattery -r AppleSmartBattery

what does it show?

I'd like to have some help with testing these. If you have been following along, you know that I've come up with a fix for AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext where it shows incorrectly 'Power Source: Battery'

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much.
This is really great!

Nico

Thank you, thank you, thank you very much.
This is really great!

Nico

BTW, if you haven't already, try the 'release' versions too. I posted an update few posts down from the top post as well.
Will now update the first post to refer to that one...

+-o AppleSmartBattery <class AppleSmartBattery, id 0x1000001f0, registered, ma$
{
"AvgTimeToFull" = 65535
"Amperage" = 18446744073709549996
"CurrentCapacity" = 2395
"MaxCapacity" = 4146
"IOGeneralInterest" = "IOCommand is not serializable"
"DesignCapacity" = 4146
"AvgTimeToEmpty" = 88
"InstantTimeToEmpty" = 93
"BatteryInvalidWakeSeconds" = 30
"Manufacturer" = "Hewlett-Packard"