Contribute
Register

Battery is always 100% charged when unplugged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't worry about the warnings. Those are normal for this DSDT.

Installed and seems to be working great! Thanks so much for your help once again!!

Installed and seems to be working great! Thanks so much for your help once again!!

I'll see about making that an optional patch just in case it truly turns out to be the fix...

Hello, I have a slightly different problem.
I've used probook installer 5.1b1 on my ML 10.8.2 (hp4520s i32350M). I've got correct power information in percentage, but no time information at all. Power indicator (see below) says that power source is always power adapter even if I unplug the power cord and use battery. Could you help me?

Screen Shot 2012-10-31 at 9.03.22 PM.png

Hello, I have a slightly different problem.
I've used probook installer 5.1b1 on my ML 10.8.2 (hp4520s i32350M). I've got correct power information in percentage, but no time information at all. Power indicator (see below) says that power source is always power adapter even if I unplug the power cord and use battery. Could you help me?

View attachment 36517

If you haven't already, try a reset:

- shutdown
- remove battery
- unplug ac power
- hold down power button 10-60 sec
- re-install battery
- plug ac adapter back in
- restart

[ I should probably put this in the FAQ ]

No, unfortunately that doesn't work. No time information and 'power source' is 'power adapter' when I use only battery.
But if I remove battery and switch the book on I get the information that power source is battery. Strange enough.

Screen Shot 2012-11-01 at 6.41.55 PM.png

I was using that from probook installer.
With yours I don't have that strange situation (indicator shows battery when i use adapter). But the situation with time information and incorrect power source when i use battery remains.
I think, that probook installer also has incorrect dsdt.aml. Could you check it. (in attach the original dsdt.aml)

Attachments

• dsdt.aml.zip
    48.5 KB · Views: 112
I was using that from probook installer.
With yours I don't have that strange situation (indicator shows battery when i use adapter). But the situation with time information and incorrect power source when i use battery remains.
I think, that probook installer also has incorrect dsdt.aml. Could you check it. (in attach the original dsdt.aml)

What do you believe to be "incorrect" about the dsdt in the installer?

Also, if the DSDT is reporting that the battery is neither charging or discharging (you can see this by running the debug version and looking at Console output), then you won't get any time info. Time only can be calculated if battery status is coming through as discharging/charging at a known rate.

What BIOS version? You might consider an upgrade if you are on an old version. Also, you should consider patching your own dsdt if you haven't already (sounds like you haven't).

I'm using F20. And from probook installer I chose dsdt for F20. I made downgrade from F23.
Do I need patch it? If so where can I get the patch I need?
I understand the theory you mentioned. What is incorrect? I guess that if power source is battery so must show power indicator. But instead it regards it as power adapter and that's why it doesn't show time information. I think that sth wrong is in DSDT but I cannot resolve it myself.

I'm using F20. And from probook installer I chose dsdt for F20. I made downgrade from F23.
Do I need patch it? If so where can I get the patch I need?
I understand the theory you mentioned. What is incorrect? I guess that if power source is battery so must show power indicator. But instead it regards it as power adapter and that's why it doesn't show time information. I think that sth wrong is in DSDT but I cannot resolve it myself.

Read the "After Installing Lion" sticky thread for pointer on patching your DSDT... Normally, you don't need to patch to get basic stuff like battery working as the ones from the installer will work just fine. But when things seem strange, it is best to patch your own.

I think something else is going on with your battery / AC adapter, but can't really be sure...

And I would try the reset thing once again... because it is very likely your EC is returning strange battery status to the DSDT and thus the battery manager.

And you should always consider a BIOS upgrade, or at least a reset to defaults.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back